LegacyGT.com

Any 2007 owners buy Subaru's remote starter?

Anyone know if this is for 07s only or if it can be retrofitted to 05s? I know when I bought my car they said it would be over a grand to get one installed due to some problem w/ the alarm system.

It would be nice to have for the fall/winter....burrrrrr....mmm preheated seats

We have it on our 07 Legacy Limited. auto.

Only available on auto trans. The extra fob is very small, yet still a slight PIA. Wife does'nt mind it.

Gary

Does your fob for the keyless entry still work while your car is remote started or do you have to shut the car down to unlock your doors with the fob?

Tom

I test drove an 07 that had the auto start - it seemed to work like any other auto start I've used. If you got in and hit the brake it would die if there was no key in the igntion, won't start twice, etc.

I fully plan on adding it on to my 3 day old 2007 LGT - but I wanted my car and it was Saturday and the service department was closed, but I'm guessing that I'll be able to buy the module, plug it in somewhere under the dash and be good to go - but that could be way off and I may need the stealer to reporgram something...

Does anyone know the process for adding it as an option to the 2007s?

I test drove an 07 that had the auto start - it seemed to work like any other auto start I've used. If you got in and hit the brake it would die if there was no key in the igntion, won't start twice, etc.

I fully plan on adding it on to my 3 day old 2007 LGT - but I wanted my car and it was Saturday and the service department was closed, but I'm guessing that I'll be able to buy the module, plug it in somewhere under the dash and be good to go - but that could be way off and I may need the stealer to reporgram something...

Does anyone know the process for adding it as an option to the 2007s?

WELCOM TO THE FORUM!!!

ENJOY the new ride!

I've been out of the loop for about 2 moths.

When did the 07 hit the showrooms?

Anyone seen the 07 spec b for sale yet?

Thanks

I bought an '05 off the lot that came with an "aftermarket" remote starter. Since my car was a dealer demo, it's possible this as also the "factory" remote.

The reason I say this, is that this remote is integrated into the door lock and alarm key fob. Push door lock twice within 3 seconds and the remote starter cranks the engine.

The downside, is that in noisey situations, you can't hear the little chirp from door locking and alarming so, I've accidentially started my car when I only wanted to leave it locked and alarmed.

id think buying an aftermarket would be a much wiser idea. i mean you can get them cheap enough and shoot integrate it with an alarm. shoot get the whole radar stuff around the car that will chirp when close, remote start, shock sensors, glass sensors and all that jazz.

id think buying an aftermarket would be a much wiser idea. i mean you can get them cheap enough and shoot integrate it with an alarm. shoot get the whole radar stuff around the car that will chirp when close, remote start, shock sensors, glass sensors and all that jazz.

The wankers at the dealership where I bought my 05 GT Wagon were offering an aftermarket alarm with remote start. They actually are just selling you an Extreme Mobile Services alarm the Astra 1000RS 2W 1. It has a fancy looking little remote and an AM transmitter so you can start your car from up to 2000ft away and be notified if someone is messing with your car.

http://www.scytek.net/product_astra_starter_1000RS-2W-1.html

Oh and for any of you guys in the San Francisco Bay Area, you should have Craig at Extreme Mobile Services do work on your aftermarket alarm. He does excellent work and can add all kinds of cool stuff like backup sensors etc.

Astra-1000RS-2W-1.thumb.jpg.9b8b3515f3363fe001e70c7f809a4a09.jpg

hmmm i have heard of scytek, so far i have yet to see many people with them. a friend told me he knows someone that installs them but i dont know who all has them. i havent heard really anyone with them giving a review or anything lol. personally they look cheap and cheezy, just the design alone. granted design isnt everything...

i used to sell clifford and viper (same company), i was employed when the original 2 way lcd remotes came out (LOOOOOONG TIME AGO lol). i will probably personally go to viper for my alarm on this car... buuuut thats partly because i know they are reliable and i had great luck with my old one.

Craig says he likes ScyTek because they're totally American owned. The system has been in place for over a year now and it works well. I had to get Craig to hook me up with a little faux leather case for my alarm though because my keys in my pocket kept remote starting my car from my pocket. Even three floors up when my car was buried in the underground parking garage it still started it lol.

The extra range on the LCD remote is AWESOME. I can start my car from a significant distance away and have it nice and toasty in the snow or comfortably cool on a hot day before I get to the car. Decreases your gas mileage a little but it's SO nice not to haveto sit on super hot leather seats!

why couldn't subaru just redesign their remote and add a button? the cheap ass chevy malibu I rented in florida for vacation had it. What other car manufacturer has a separate remote for remote start?

The 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee has a remote starter option. The remote start fucntion is on a separate remote also. The actual key and keyless entry remote are integrated into one piece. So that would be having to carrying around two remotes there. I assume that since Jeep is Daimler Chrysler, that all other Daimler Chrysler cars that have a remote starter as an option has the same set-up.

Archived