LegacyGT.com

Help with noise issue

I have a 07 LGT, recently I had the idler pully and belts changed due to maintenance. Lately he mornings have been getting colder and now I'm getting a squealing noise. I couldn't pinpoint the issusend but I assumed it was coming from the recently changed belts. I proceeded to tighten them, then wait till the morning to see if the same issue occurred. Which it did. I don't know where to go from here, can someone push me into the right direction.

Thank you

Have you had the timing belt serviced? Including replacing idlers/tensioner?

I had a similar situation and it ended up being the small timing belt idler. I tried to adjust the accessory belts first and it didn't help. Then I removed both accessory belts and started it for a short bit and the squeal was still there. Pulled the timing covers off and used a stethoscope to pinpoint the bad pulley bearing.

Check the accessory belt tension against the specs that Max posted first.

The milage is 68,600ish, and its a manual. I haven't pressed my foot on the clutch while it was making noise. I will do that tonight to give the car a chance to cool down. I only replaced the 2 belts, idler pulley and some small attachments that held them together. But not any rollers or water pump.

Archived