LegacyGT.com

AT vs MT Downpipe

SATSFYD

What is the difference between the AT and MT LGT 05-09 downpipe? My understanding is there is a shape different to fit around the trannys.

Why I ask this is there are more MT downpipes for sale than there are for the AT and I am wondering if a MT downpipe can fit an AT with little moding.

Thoughts…

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

It would take a lot of bending. The AT down pipe has an extra bend before the catback flange. An AT down pipe will fit up to a MT, but the trans mount will be off.

Just keep looking around for an AT downpipe or buy new, not worth modifying it.

The stock downpipes are actually identical, just have a different bracket. Most downpiple makers choose a slightly different pipe routing than stock, and that ends up hitting the AT transmission. The AT pipes are bent a little wider like the OEM one, clearing the transmission.

To answer you last question: Yes, the front section is the same. The back section would be different though. If you buy say a TurboSX front section and pare ti with a perrin AT rear section, that should work.

Would I be able to pare a TurboSX front section to a stock rear and would it be cost effective?
**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

Archived