LegacyGT.com

advice please, bolt in roll cage

shayne89

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bolt in roll cages are more for show than anything. If you are serious about it, then pay

the money and have a professional install one properly. If it is for the occasional

trackday and you take it easy, then no rollcage is really needed. But it's your body that

you are strapping in, so the decision is up to you.

not by much

but its still something.

In new zealand proper rollcages cost roughly about 2k including certs and as im a 15 years old and i have no income at all unless yous would like to give me some funds haha :D .... I thought so.

• I Donated
but its still something.

Freaking everywhere proper rollcages cost roughly about 3k including certs and as im a 15 years old and i have no income at all unless yous would like to give me some funds haha :D .... I thought so.

FTFY

What we are trying to tell you is don't get it.

hahahaha good laugh but my car wont be traveling that fast ovbiously , the bolt in cage is better than nothing.

No it isn't.

If this car is ever to be street driven, you and whatever friends are in the car with you are at a huge risk for head trauma.

If you aren't going to be going faster than a 4.6 liter Mustang (which is pretty fucking slow), then you don't need one.

Speed is largely irrelevant in for roll overs, the weight of the car is what crushes it. Speed increases the chances of you rolling, but not necessarily the damage. A 4th gen is roughly the same weight as a Mustang. As people have pointed out, in a minor impact hitting your head on the roll cage is a FAR bigger risk than needing it.

That cage doesn't have the attachment points, cross bracing, or tube thickness to be anything other than decorative. Save your money.

• I Donated
Speed is largely irrelevant in for roll overs

I don't follow you on this one. I've never seen a roll over where it just simple rolls. Its normally more or less tumbling through the air and bouncing off the ground.

The more speed - the more force you hit the ground with.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

If you had an inch thick of soft padding around all the bars in the car (as im going to do) i dont think you would suffer really bad head trauma at the most you will probley get dizzy if you hit it. Its probley worser to hit the steering wheel then the padding on the bar lol.

• I Donated
IIts probley worser to hit the steering wheel then the padding on the bar lol.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're dead wrong on this one.

A metal bar doesn't have any give to it.

The steering wheel is designed to flex a little bit to absorb an impact (for instance your face in an accident - your hands/arms - etc)...plus it has padding around it as well. A roll bar or roll cage doesn't have that.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived