LegacyGT.com

Intake for 2011 GT ?

ajamils

I believe so otherwise EFI would not be advertising to contact them for a stage 1 map. Maybe when you contact them you could ask them that as well...just a thought.

Read their posts on this page:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2011-legacy-gt-stage-1-calibration-efi-logics-161341p3.html

You actually posted in the middle of the two posts you should read very closely.

Don't bother. I have to ask, why are you so obsessed with an intake? Do you just want more turbo noise? Are you coming from another car that an intake was very beneficial on?

Go to EFI Logics dyno database and see the results. One 2010 was tuned with a K&N filter at stage 1. All the others have used the OEM airbox and you'll see that the car with the K&N filter is in the middle of the pack. Some cars made more power, some made less. There are probably no gains associated with the use of the filter. When you contact them about getting a stage 1 map you should also ask Pete or Chris his thoughts on the K&N. They have first hand knowledge so call them at 203.748.1115.

Don't bother. I have to ask, why are you so obsessed with an intake? Do you just want more turbo noise? Are you coming from another car that an intake was very beneficial on?

Not obsessed with intake but just want to get some noticeable gains without breaking the bank. This is my first turbo car so I'm not sure what advantage an intake will have. I came from a 2004 Accord Coupe and I had Injen CAI on it and I did notice a significant increase in response and torque with CAI compared to stock air box.

Ok that makes sense then. You probably also didn't have to do any tuning for the intake did you?

The stock airbox is not restrictive on these cars like it was on the previous Legacy and WRX/STIs. A cold air intake requires tuning on those cars for safety and to see any gains.

If you really have $50 burning a hole in your pocket my advice is to buy some bushings to firm up the rear diff or transmission area.

If you really have $50 burning a hole in your pocket my advice is to buy some bushings to firm up the rear diff or transmission area.

I posed this few days back and I was told that there are no bushing for our cars.

For the shifter you can get transmission cross member bushings. Whiteline, Kartboy, and TurninConcepts all make them. I just ordered the Whiteline part KDT901, it's called the Positive Shift Kit. They're pretty much the same just depends on if you want yellow (Whiteline), black (Kartboy), or cherry blossom red (TiC).

A 5-speed (yes, five-speed) Group N transmission mount will fit. Our trans is pretty much the 5-speed from the WRX with an extra gear.

And for the rear diff, try Whiteline rear diff inserts. Part KDT903.

I just ordered these three items but I won't get a chance to install them for a couple weeks.

For the shifter you can get transmission cross member bushings. Whiteline, Kartboy, and TurninConcepts all make them. I just ordered the Whiteline part KDT901, it's called the Positive Shift Kit. They're pretty much the same just depends on if you want yellow (Whiteline), black (Kartboy), or cherry blossom red (TiC).

Since I already have Subaru STS, will it make a significant different in shifting?

A 5-speed (yes, five-speed) Group N transmission mount will fit. Our trans is pretty much the 5-speed from the WRX with an extra gear.

Do you know the part number for it? Also, what does this mount do?

And for the rear diff, try Whiteline rear diff inserts. Part KDT903.

This is for improving handling?

Now the most important part, how difficult are these parts to install? My experience with modding cars only includes installation of CAI in Accord and a carputer :spin:

• 9 months later...
Am I allowed to bump this thread for any new info out there regarding intakes for 2011 LGT and whether its worth it?? Got a full 3" TBE done = BIG difference not only with sound but PoWer!!

Archived