LegacyGT.com

Doesn't really apply to Subarus at all...

I was on Craigslist the other day looking at the cars for sale, and saw an Audi Allroad well below KBB value. I've bought a couple cars from nearby cities and sold them in my hometown for a decent profit. I emailed the owner, and it's one of those deals where she's in Greece and the car is here in the states and the whold deal would work through a company called WorldPay.com. Anybody have any experience with one of these deals, or know of anybody that has tried it. I know the old expression, if it's too good to be true it is, but I have found a couple very decent deals and made a few bucks off of them. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

SCAM...run as fast as you can.

If you still want to buy it, you are better off sending me the money, and I can tell you what I spent it on. At least it will go to a good home with me. :)

X

---

Well this is the latest e-mail she wrote after I told her I found out WorldPay.com is a joke, I took her name and address out for privacy:

OK!

Look how we will do this:

First you will put the money at western union from your name and address to a name that you choose like a receiver and my address(City: Glasgow, Country: Scotland) so I can just check them first, like a proof of payment so I will see that you are willing to pay me.

After that you email me the transaction details that I need for checking online:

-sender's name and address

-receiver's name and address

-MTCN(money transfer control number)and the total amount that you've sent.

After I check the money, I will start the shipping to your name and address.

After you'll receive and test the car you can call at western union and tell them to change the receiver's name with mine so I can pick up the money.

IN THIS WAY YOU PAY AFTER YOU RECEIVE AND TEST THE CAR.

It is very easy, secure and fast.

I will shipp through DHL on my expences and you will receive it in max 48 hours.

Look an example how to do it:

SENDER'S NAME AND ADDRESS:Your name and address

RECEIVER'S NAME AND ADDRESS: A name that you choose like a receiver(your father's name for example) and my address

Email me asap!

Respectfully,

Karen

That is probably a scam. There is, however a way to make money by buying and selling cars. You buy 3 year old used cars in the states and sell them overseas to someone in Russia for example. I know quite a few families that live like this, and they are making decent money. Just an example. Here base msrp of a 2.5i leggy is what, 20,000 us? There a 2.0R (beautiful car btw) is 35,000 US in Manual tranny in Russia.

Archived