LegacyGT.com

Dunlop DS-2 review eventually

jerami1981

Ok..subscribe to this thread if you potentially want a review on these tires for snow/ice useage.

I know where i live doesnt get much snow, so for most going for a snow tire here would be silly..just stay home if its THAT bad you say. Yup, i agree. Except i work for a dept at the hospital that is the right hand to surgery, which means i have to do what i have to do to get to work, regardless of the weather. So even if its only 2 days a winter, is it worth the ability to trudge through virtually anything? Ask yourself this, if you have to have emergency surgery while its snowing a blizzard outside..do you want the best chances and service in your surgery..or do you want a skeleton staff just trying to stay afloat?

This is why i am going with a dedicated snow tire even though i will not likely see much snow, because as some of you may know we had a state of emergency last winter where they had to bale out hundreds of motorists stuck on the highway and i am worried this could happpen again.

I realize now i will have to drive a LOT differently since most driving will be on dry surfaces and these are more than likely VERY bad on that, but i will still review their dry performance as well. And once snow hits i will give an updated review on each seperate instance and note as much about the conditions as possible. So just stay tuned..hopefully in a month or so i will have some notes to put up hhere.

I would if i could..but since i live in an apt, the closest place i can store my spares will be about 25 minutes north of me on more country like back roads at a friends parents house...so i just have to bite the bullet for now..until i get a bigger place where i can store that stuff.

Archived