LegacyGT.com

Stuck Rotors

There are two holes in the front of the rotor, made for exactly this... just thread a couple bolts into thoose holes (and I am at work so I can't remember the exact size but they are simple, got them at Home Depot bolts) then just screw them in, using your ratchet. Go back and forth so uyou are applying pressure evenly and the rotor will eventually simply pop free. No damage, no warping, no messing up the swept surface...exactly as intended....

Can't view the video at work.

You spray the hub with PB Blaster, Spray the two bolt holes with PB Blaster, Apply anti-seize compound to the threads on two 8mmX1.25 bolts like the ones that hold the support bracket for the tmic.

Thread the bolts into the holes, you may have to go in/out a few times to clean the threads but they will thread in and back the rotor off the hub.

What's so hard about that...

At least there not like Honda, that uses counter sunk screws to hold the rotors on. I just drill the heads off the screws and leave them out. Next time the rotors come right off.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

There are two holes in the front of the rotor, made for exactly this... just thread a couple bolts into thoose holes (and I am at work so I can't remember the exact size but they are simple, got them at Home Depot bolts) then just screw them in, using your ratchet. Go back and forth so uyou are applying pressure evenly and the rotor will eventually simply pop free. No damage, no warping, no messing up the swept surface...exactly as intended....

It depends on which vehicle you have, and it's good to have alternative solutions at hand if needed.

453747.png

Archived