LegacyGT.com

High quality builders

Xplosivo1

My engine needs to be rebuilt and I have heard the delaerships close to me are horrible.

I've decided since it has to be rebuilt I will be making a few upgrades.

Can anyone recommend a high quality builder/rebuilder in the Lancaster/Bakersfield area?

If I have to travel farther to drop off the motor it's no big deal, I just want to make sure the build is done correctly from someone who knows the Subaru motors and how the mods might affect the ECU for a proper tune. :confused:

Thanks.

Your very best bet is to ask this same question over on NASIOC in the Built Motor Discussion thread.

Maxwell Power (MPS) imo is the best and right up there are 3MI Racing, and P&L . There are other good assemblers but these are a notch above.

Crystal_Imprezav is who built my bottom end and he is the only other I know that is as capable and he is in SoCal / Fountain Valley.

FYI, I had Crystal_Imprezav (Jeff) assemble the bottom end with new case halves and all, I supplied the heads, and Mike at Infamous Performance put it all together. I feel I could not have done any better than that.

I could have driven up to MPS. After the assembly MPS would have broken it in and tuned it. If fact if Jeff wasn't around that's what I may have done.

If you really need a one stop shop and cannot get to Mike in Escondido or if you couldn't place an order from one of the guys above then I'd consider Outfront Motorsports. They are more than decent and if I needed the one stop shop close to my house, I would have used them.

Really though, if you have another car just order what you need and have Mike assemble everything.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Your very best bet is to ask this same question over on NASIOC in the Built Motor Discussion thread.

Maxwell Power (MPS) imo is the best and right up there are 3MI Racing, and P&L . There are other good assemblers but these are a notch above.

Crystal_Imprezav is who built my bottom end and he is the only other I know that is as capable and he is in SoCal / Fountain Valley.

FYI, I had Crystal_Imprezav (Jeff) assemble the bottom end with new case halves and all, I supplied the heads, and Mike at Infamous Performance put it all together. I feel I could not have done any better than that.

I could have driven up to MPS. After the assembly MPS would have broken it in and tuned it. If fact if Jeff wasn't around that's what I may have done.

If you really need a one stop shop and cannot get to Mike in Escondido or if you couldn't place an order from one of the guys above then I'd consider Outfront Motorsports. They are more than decent and if I needed the one stop shop close to my house, I would have used them.

Really though, if you have another car just order what you need and have Mike assemble everything.

Thanks for all that information, I think I will try and give mike a call tomorrow and see what my options are. :cool:

Im having Forman Performance in Costa Mesa rebuild my block due to a probable ringland issue. Ive taken my car there quite a few times and every time I have been very impressed with their prices and service. They are a bit backed up but they get very good reviews over at NASIOC.

• 4 weeks later...
Big fan of Dave Forman, myself - he did all my maintenance work the past few years. But I also know that brother msprank had a bad experience there with a clutch install.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

All I know, from what nightmares I've seen and personally expirienced from long turn arounds to parts missing, things leaking from "other" shops performance shops, I would drive what ever amount miles to have it done right, once or do it myself.. I'm not only a hobbiest mechanic, I am cerfied in brakes/chassis, smog, engine control diagnostics. I recently had my engine rebuilt by Mike, the service was impecable, the engine work is amazing, 10k miles on it and she is solid, no gremlins to hunt down, no weird leaks, no overheating issues, my care drives better than new. Having an engine built and routine maintenance a two completley different experiences. There are only a few places I would trust, and Infamous Performance is one of them.

I had mine done by AQ exactly 2 years ago. I have put 40k mi on it (I need to drive less). They also did my transmission at the same time. Pretty happy.

Was pretty cheap for what it was, though I had the luxury of being a bit flexible on time.

I had mine tuned at Church right after too.

Archived