LegacyGT.com

My wheel gap is officaly GONE!!!!!! (pics and spring review)

ih8vtec13

Ok so last night I got my set of Proress springs installed and I think they look extreamly sweet. The drop is 1.3in. in thefront and 1.0in.in the rear, the drop looks perfect in my opion. They have about 200 miles on them now so they have setteled in a bit more then in the pics, the weather as been extreamly rainy so I am happy I got these. My wheels are 18X8.5 D5R's from Speedstar Wheel.

http://i5.tinypic.com/11ihnoj.jpg

http://i6.tinypic.com/11ihnyv.jpg

http://i6.tinypic.com/11ii9nn.jpg

http://i5.tinypic.com/11ihnvc.jpg

I have been reading about them here and there have been some complaints about how stiff they are and I have to say that they are not that bad. The soft ride is gone and they are a little too harsh on bumps but totaly able to be delt with for daily driving. The body roll is drasticly reduiced and the car has so much more grip in cornering and braking. Take the car into some corners hard, see the handling increase and forget about the ride being more harsh.

looks even nicer than before!..I almost got some of the silver/bluish ones when tirerack had them on crazy sale.

Lowering is always the next step after getting wheels...now get some shine on them tires! :D

In Taiwan now...:spin:

Looks great! I love it now that the Grand Canyon is gone! :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Looks great! I love it now that the Grand Canyon is gone! :D

I see grand Canyon in your post and your "Winky: in you sig and cacked up :lol: BTW I igured out why my car looked jacked up like an Outback in my last photos and it was really simple, the flash. Thanks for the complements on my car and expect more pice next weekend cause my headlights are getting cleared and blacked.

Yeah, Winky's got a huge Canyon thing going on now. :lol:

I should be dropping her pretty soon - just something mild, a set of iONs coming in off GB#4. Unfortunatley, I don't think I'll be able to get to this mod 'till the first weekend in July, but 'till then, I'll continue to enjoy "rally driving" with my high-rider.

:lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

Black ano'ed McGard Spline-drive FTW! :D

I compaired my wheel gap to my cousins car and the differance was verry aperent, in the front mine is 1 finger hers is 4. the rear was less drastic but still noticable it was like a 3 finger for he and 1 for me. She drives Winkey's AT twin btw :lol: Winkey need a drop. Her car is the mild manored one of the family and mine is the wild child :lol:

Looks great.....now detail that thing & take some pics;)

I wish I could, its raining so bad here lately, we have not gotten a day that looks promising enough to even get through a was :(

Looks real nice...how harsh is the ride in the boogie down with the drop and 18's??

It's not that bad, the rims were a big differance at first and the springs were less noticable, but i have adapted to them very quickly. The only thing that gets to me a little is that the car pulls more with the unevean road surface due to the overly wide rims (8.5 on a 50mm offset). Othere then that it feels pretty stock to me now. I drove my cousins stock LGT and it did feel a good deal softerthen mine so there is a differance. Put like 500 miles on it and you dont even realize the differance just don't forget to watch out for potholes and dips in the road or you will feel it.

Archived