LegacyGT.com

installed amp and subwoofer, now radio and climate control are dead!

hpcbmw

I have a 2006 lgt with nav/stereo/climate control unit. I installed a Parrot i900 yesterday and everything worked great. I haven't driven the car, just tested it in the garage.

Today I installed an amp and subwoofer and when I turned on the car to test - nuthin! The nav screen works, but the stereo and climate control have no power.

Tonights amp wiring - hot wire from battery to amp. Remote wire (to turn on amp) from "blower" fuse in fusebox to amp (that fuse is good, I checked). Speaker wire tapped into white/red and red/black at the left rear door and ran to lt + and rt - on the amp (for a sub).

When I was attaching the battery wire to the amp, I touched the amp housing and shorted out the fuse between the amp and the battery. I don't know if there was power to stereo/climate before this or not - car was turned off. I replaced amp fuse, turned on car, and got nuthin.

Can anyone direct me to which fuse to check in the inside or engine compartment fuse boxes to see if it's just a blown fuse?

Any other ideas?

I've checked the fuses that the owners manual show relate to audio and climate and all seem good. Anyone know if one of the relays under the hood relate to this, or which specific fuses to check under the hood or behind the dash?

Archived