LegacyGT.com

Compilation of cheap and/or free Legacy Mods

No clue. I think he went over a curb when he was driving it in the snow this winter, because the bottom of the bumper is cracked too. And when he went over the curb, it put enough upward pressure on it to break it off. So I would have to replace the entire airbox to re-attach the silencer.

Since I don't feel like spending $400 on an OEM one, I'm probably just going to wait until I go stage 2 and replace it with a short ram or cai.

It's cool; I'm with the band

• 3 months later...

My son removed my silencer back in the late summer of 04 when he installed the Perrin panel filter. It's still removed.

I have 130,800 + miles on the car mist of them with the silencer removed.

Oh, I removed the mufflers on Good Friday 2010.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Take off the silence in the airbox to get a cold air effect (the air comes from under the wheel well and is mostly water proof, it is a big box that is removed (called a silencer) and you will hear more air sucking in and a better BOV sound.) You will need a K anD N to really hear and feel the difference. Subie will tell you how to do it.

I am trying to do the mesh mod on the bottom of the bumper, but can't figure out how to get the grill off to reach down there... Anyone know how to get the grill off so I don't have to take the bumper off?

Undo all the connections on the top, then grab the bottom of the grill and pull forward and up. At least that's how it works on my 05.

08 and 09 have like 8 screws holding it in. They are virtually impossible to see and you have to really kink your arm around to reach them. You can use a mirror and flashlight to get an idea where the screws are to reach back and try to undo them. There's a pic floating around somewhere that tells you where they're all located.

Or you can take off the whole bumper and make things easier as far as finding the screws, more of a pain in terms of putting it all back together.

It's cool; I'm with the band

• 2 weeks later...
I am trying to do the mesh mod on the bottom of the bumper, but can't figure out how to get the grill off to reach down there... Anyone know how to get the grill off so I don't have to take the bumper off?

should just take off the bumper and clear your headlights while your working n the project. I cleared mine one of the best mods I could have done to the car aesthetically.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/fiidgett/SpecB/IMG_0473.jpg

Taking the bumper off really is the easiest way, once you know how it should take less then 5 minutes to remove.

• 1 month later...
should just take off the bumper and clear your headlights while your working n the project. I cleared mine one of the best mods I could have done to the car aesthetically.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/fiidgett/SpecB/IMG_0473.jpg

those rims are DOPE. What kind?