LegacyGT.com

C0071 Code?

Wanted to see if any of you have encountered a C0071 Code before. This is the only code I have. From what I have found on my searches this code is related to the Steering Angle sensor for ABS. My searches on this forum and on the net have come up short on any way to clear fix the error that is causing the code.

Has anyone here had a C0071 code on its own? If so, how did you fix it?

SEE FIX IN POST #10

Go Cardinals!

Started the car today, the airbag light was on. Code still there. After that I ran some errands (lots of quick trips with turning car on and off around town). Somewhere during the errands the airbag light went off. Havent checked the codes again, but I'm willing to bet problem is resolved. No idea what made it suddenly come and go, but hopefully I'm all fixed.

I want to wish a very sincere thanks to everyone that chimed in with stuff to try... much appreciated!

Go Cardinals!

Hmmm...this is a total shot in the dark, but perhaps its your clock spring. It's odd you get steering angle sensor code and now have the air bag light.

Yeah I dunno. Airbag light is back on now.

Go Cardinals!

• 3 months later...

Okay guys, I wanted to post an update on this... I got it fixed. I took it in to my dealer and short version is, he has seen it before- said it was their 6 or 7th time fixing it.

It turns out that what caused my C0071 error code and my airbag light to be on was simply a burned out bulb for the passenger AIRBAR OFF indicator. This is a soldered on LED light though within the map light assembly, so the whole map light assembly needs to be replaced (unless you want to open up and solder a new one).

My dealer replaced the map light assembly and the code cleared it self (AIRBAG light is also gone).

So moral of the story- if your AIRBAG light is on in the guage cluster and your passenger AIRBAG OFF light does not illuminate (when no one is in the seat or when you turn the car on initially during the car self test) get the map light assembly replaced.

Go Cardinals!

Archived