LegacyGT.com

Power diff with tuned and untuned with DP,UP & Cutout?

600whp-Prelude

I am about to install a catless UP, and a catless 3" DP with a 3" e-cutout, and I was wondering what the power difference would be from just bolting it on and no tune, and then actually tuning it. Also since the DP does not have any cats, I was wondering if there would be any negative affects of moving the O2 sensor upstream (closer to the turbo) like 8-12" to make room for the Y and ane cutout. Thanks alot for your help guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Derffred

No additional tune needed unless it is a dyno tune.

To the OP like stated above without the associated tune you will be leaving tons of power on the table. You could add all the parts you are listing and still make less WHP then a car stock car with just a stg 1 reflash.

Why no tune? I've done a similar setup w/o a tune (waiting for the AP compatible w/SI drive) and it feels faster - what seems to be the most different is the spool time. I'm certain I've left a ton of power on the table.

How about a Power Difference between TDC Stage 2 for UP, DP, and Panel > UP, DP, Panel, and CBE...

Should I get another tune?

I did the same thing. I have a TDC map for a K&N map for a typhoon,up and dp. I later added a full 3"TBE and had no problem , just more power.:)

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived