LegacyGT.com

I have researched all over this forum, other outback forums, and google and can't find a definitive answer.

Are there any confirmed fitments of fmic that keep foglights and bumper beam, with minor modification to bumper?

I am going for a sleeper look with a scoopless hood. I originally had the plan to go scoopless hood on my 05 lgt wagon before I wrecked that but now I picked up an outback this week and would love to do this. I'm thinking I may be limited to the racerx fmic. any ideas?

there is a local member who has an avo fmic on his lgt and could not keep the foglights. the foglights on the outback are obviously different, I don't know if this helps or hurts the chances of this working. and I'm not sure I want to spend 1200 plus for something that might work..

I would like some confirmed member fitment before pulling the trigger on anything

• 4 weeks later...

No its a redesign and no you can't keep the fogs and their is different instructions for it.

The passenger side tube needs to be cut in half and a piece of pipe with 2 more clamps and i made a bracket to hod it because it moves a lot.

The drivers side I am having remade to suite the car more. It hits the battery (i have the smaller optima) it rubs on the front timing cover bolt. it also rubs against the Master Brake cylinder plastic..

The Bypass valve is in a different location and thier is no hose. They expect u to leave it unbolted and force it over. fine if u have a replacement bypass hose. I added a section of hose and another pipe to couple it together.

The throttle body hose needs you to push in the pipe almost to the throttle to give more clearance to the BMC.

The clamps they give you other than the t-bolt clamps are absolute junk. I have broken two so far.

Thats the old kit. The pieces except those four clamps are very nice quality. The core is a beautiful piece.

Also Contacting AVO for help to figure out the issues will get you no where. I wasted a week of emailing them and they didn't fix replace or provide a damn drop of useful information.

Archived