LegacyGT.com

Any better intake than K&N typhoon?

Gemini91

I'm using the K&N typhoon intake now. It has a cool sound but I feel like it doesn't bring more power...and when I replace the headlight bulb, I have to remove the heatshield to get the dust cover off...it takes forever...

Is there any better intake in the market now?

I have the K&N aslo, and the easiest way to replace the bulb is to just remove the intake filter, then gently set the filter into the bottom of that free space that was formerly occupied by the resonator. Then its easy to remove and replace bulbs. Once you're done, pick up the intake filter and slide it back on. Voila!!!! Headlight bulb change in 3 min(taking your time).

DRoc, DON'T WASTE MONEY ON AN INTAKE. LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES!!!! It makes no difference other than throwing off your maf readings and potentially leaning out the motor in full throttle conditions. You're better off spending the money on exhaust or even Cobb AccessPort if you don't want to fiddle around with Opensource tuning. TRUST ME!!!! It was the worst $170+ ever spent for this car.

After market intakes on our cars are basically just noise makers and don't gain any HP. I purchased my K&N typhoon knowing I wouldn't get any additional performance I just wanted the awesome sound of the turbo spooling. I'm dyno tuned and I'm not seeing a additional HP than a stock counter part. There are two reasons to get after market intake though, if you get a fmic you'll need one for the extra space or if your car is pushing over 300+hp.
I'm hungry:bbq:This burger is never gonna cook.

Archived