LegacyGT.com

Anyone Interested in An Aftermarket Exhaust

Are you interested in a aftermarket exhaust?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a aftermarket exhaust?

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I really wasn't happy with the position of the tips... so went back to the exhaust shop today and got some new mufflers and larger 4" tips fitted.

There was a bit of a problem with the original mufflers that were used as the exit was very low and there was no room to modify/raise the tips. So the decision was made to replace the mufflers with some lower profile sports mufflers and put on some larger tips to fill out the exits in the rear bumper.

New exhaust is on.... much better :D

17232828605_b8760c3f08_z.jpg

17232271671_9d21666eb1_z.jpg

17045275340_1fa7ac2cd3_z.jpg

Best of all now I actually have an exhaust that I can hear!!!!

I've posted this in the "what did you do today" thread but just in case someone's looking at fitting an exhaust one day, here's a couple of clips.

Here's start-up. You can notice a bit more of a growl which isn't there with the stock system:

And another pulling out onto the highway.

I know from experience that it's hard to hear volume levels from videos. Everyone's opinions on sound levels are very subjective so someone's quiet system will be too loud for someone else.

There's definitely more of a growl which I'm quite happy with. I don't think it makes it any faster but definitely gives it a bit more "character" as the stock system is just way too quiet :D

• 2 weeks later...

Update for everyone; Jason at Nameless Performance informed me that it'll be another 2-3 weeks until they get a car in for test fitting (as long as he is a valuable).

According to him he informed me that a 3.0 Legacy with the axel back system and 4" mufflers sounded like a Porsche.

Can't wait to hear what their exhaust actually sounds like on the 3.5. 2.5 guys should be able to purchase a single muffler/pipe from nameless that'll bolt right up.

Follow me on Instagram @CT2015Legacy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is likely to be Raptor headers for the 6GEN 3.6 within the next 21 days

That is awesome!! Something you've been working on?

According to him he informed me that a 3.0 Legacy with the axel back system and 4" mufflers sounded like a Porsche.

no. just, no.

I could suck start a snow blower.

no. just, no.

Haha; well while I doubt it sounds like a Porsche I have gotta image that it's going to sound pretty BA but I will be the judge of that hopefully soon.

• 1 month later...

Well Guys just installed the Invidia Q300 on my 3.6R... With Slight Modification to the Invidia Mid Pipe the 2010 and Up Legacy GT exhaust will fit.. The "Y" Pipe and Exhaust Cans Bolt right up.. I recommend Kart Boy Long Hangers so it's not so Close to the Bumper it was getting a Little Hot on my 2.5 hour drive home.. We had to cut 7" off the Invidia Mid Pipe I have Detailed Pics so if anyone buys the kit send me a PM and I can send you pics to show your local Exhaust Shop.. They are trying to get a 3.6R kit done by December..http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/12/f48635606eaee8a205deb2b435e5d0ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I know that aftermarket exhausts will be louder, i was more curious as to exactly how much louder. On my old 98 Impreza I had gone through many different exhausts, Borla, Custom, and even an Blitz Nur Spec R 3" race exhaust (gebus that thing was loud). The Borla was probably the best overall sounding of the 3 i put on it giving it a slightly louder sound without sounding ricer or being obnoxious.

It has a Deep Sound at Low RPM and up high over 3k I think it sound almost like a G37 or 350z with the Nismo Exhaust..At least that's what my Invidia sound like.. the Legacy GT 2010 and Up will fit the 3.6R just need to Modify the Mid Pipe..

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk