LegacyGT.com

Exhaust leak between stock DP and CBE - looking for solution

eqt2010

It's XO2 CBE. We've tried both the flat gasket provided and the stock donut gasket with spring bolts but the leak is still there. I like the sound of the CBE but this leaking thing is really killing me. Is there any way that I can get rid of it? I've heard that there is something like flange connector/adapter. Will that work? Where can I find it?

Thanks.

i have the the x02 catback with the stock midpipe...i used the gasket x02 provided but didnt use the stock bolts. I went out and bought a 1.5 inch bolt but dont remember the size, used some washers nuts and lock washers and i havent had a problem, its as tight as it will get without destorying the bolt

I had a leak there on my Cobb DP to autospeed CBE. I used a remflex flange gasket and a bunch of the copper silicone. Doesn't look pretty, but it does the job.

I would like to one day either get a flex pipe welded into the mid to allow better mating of the surfaces, or have the 2.5" taper on the Cobb opened up to 3".

Can anyone describe the sound of CBE exhaust leak? Mine sounds like a steam train making "choo-choo-choo" sound when starting to move or climbing up hills, and it happens when accelerating slowly. The sound is not there when the car is not moving, even when revving it up.

I have a local muffler shop looking into it but they can't find the leak after the downpipe. Now I just don't know what/where the problem is. :(

PS: Is it possible that it's wastegate fluttering? I've seen this in several threads but it looks like it happens after going stage 2. Is it possible I can hear it with only CBE installed?

Archived