LegacyGT.com

Legacy advice

I recently got a 09 subaru legacy 2.5 i limited seacrest green is the color i have done some mods to it nothing crazy though. I wanted to see is any ody on here had the same car or some advice on what i should and should not do to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah i know but i just want to do some thinfs to it she is only a 4 speed automatic but she isint to slow tho i had her at 125mph i know she can hit 130 but so far i have royal purple oil and oil filter a new radiator in her k&n air filter but thats it im looking at doing a exhaust next

Yeah your right im prolly just going to leave the suspension alone and just do simple bolt ons i dont wanna put to much money into her im still young besides i was lokin at the new 2015 impreza

Yeah i know but i just want to do some thinfs to it she is only a 4 speed automatic but she isint to slow tho i had her at 125mph i know she can hit 130 but so far i have royal purple oil and oil filter a new radiator in her k&n air filter but thats it im looking at doing a exhaust next

Lmao dude you have issues

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Im on here looking for advice and help about my car i dont want to be criticized

Ok here's some advice... grow up, dont post about how you went 125mph in your slow ass non turbo legacy... and search... youll find its a waste of time and money doing any power mods to your car... there ya go buddy :)

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Thanks for your input just because i do t have a turbo makes my car slow? Its not the fastest but its not a rock either. As far as mods i understand thats why im leaving her alone she is my bread and butter. I just wanted to make her faster but i guess i cant

You can but the gains are minimal. Too, realize that you've come to a forum where naturally aspirated cars are not the majority. To us, your car is slow and that's likely why we went turbo. Everything you're asking about has been covered in triplicate. Try searching and reading all stickies before posting. Also, asking more direct questions will achieve the type of response you are looking for.

But just to give you something to search.

LWCP Lightweight Crank Pulley

Headers

Exhaust

CAI Cold Air Intake you won't see too much on this as it's not really proved to add enough to justify the costs. Too, they typically pull air from the engine bay and increase intake temps...something you want to avoid.

That's about it when it comes to n/a cars...there may be some tunes out there too to help you get the most out of what you bolt on but like it was said above after you add up costs it makes more sense to jump over to the turbo platform if you want to see greater than menial gains for the coin.

Your absolutly right thank you im not going to be doing to much mods to her but like you said light weight pully. Headers and exhaust is probably all i will do she is a daily so i dont wanna put to much cash into her but wow she is a great car im glad to own a subaru.

i would say just keep up with your maintenance and if or when you want more power just trade it in for a turbo model. also a good sway bar/endlink and some stiffer springs would be a huge step in upgrading the suspension without spending too much. PS people love to give you crap for asking what they think are silly questions so do yourself a favor and use the search bar at the top of the page and you can more than likely find the answer to all of your questions

Archived