LegacyGT.com

Colorado Emissions

mwiener2

I am looking for a guinea pig or two to try a new catalytic converter. I can order 2 of these new cats at a HUGE discount for testing purposes. These cats are high flow race cats, but are also OBDII compliant, so they should pass emissions.

What does this mean? This means that now you can have your high flow race cat, and not have to swap downpipes to pass emissions. No loss in power, no hassle at emissions time.

These cats MSRP at around $500, but the company needs to get these on some cars to make sure they work. I will be offering these installed for well under $500.

I would prefer one person to have gasoline and one E85, but I'll take whomever I can get. Only requirement is that you don't have stock cats. You do not need to be due for emissions. We will simply take your car to the nearest emissions center (about 10 min away) and pay the $25 to have it tested.

I will be testing one on my car, but I would like to test it on a few other cars as well to get a good sample.

Please contact me if you are interested. PM or e-mail (5250performance@gmail.com)

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

When did you pass with a HFC?

Last December. The first try I passed with great numbers and failed the visual. The second time I went back after dark and near closing time, they passed me after spending the better part of 45 minutes under my hood and with mirrors on the floor.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered 4 cats. 3 High output and 1 Ultra High output.

There are 2 cats still available, both high output. (under 500hp).

This is a great opportunity for anyone that bought a catless exhaust and now has to pass emissions.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I ordered 4 cats. 3 High output and 1 Ultra High output.

There are 2 cats still available, both high output. (under 500hp).

This is a great opportunity for anyone that bought a catless exhaust and now has to pass emissions.

Curious question, as I just moved to Denver. I have a Cobb downpipe with a HFC, would that by chance typically pass both the visual and emissions test? I still have the OEM downpipe (kept it for this purpose), but really don't want to swap it out to get the inspection done.

Curious question, as I just moved to Denver. I have a Cobb downpipe with a HFC, would that by chance typically pass both the visual and emissions test? I still have the OEM downpipe (kept it for this purpose), but really don't want to swap it out to get the inspection done.

I'd try to pass with the HFC first. I passed with my Perrin DP. But like Mike said it does require some luck to pass and most guys need to put on the stock DP.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Didn't you self tune your car on E85 (which burns cleaner) just to pass emissions?

Yes, I thought the tune was the major reason for passing until I gave an emissions tune to my friend's '05 (enthusiast's old car). She was unable to pass (on E85) with her HFC using my emissions tune... so I was disappointed by that and chalked up my own pass more to luck than to the specific tune.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

mwiener - TOO late I sold it on craigs. I'm catless now. I'll prob just buy a used perrin down (top half) off EBAY and use the bottom part of the original exhaust down and hope I pass with 1 HFC and 1 normal cat. I'm actually a little weary about using the original whole DP since it has that flat flange and i'm running a bigger turbo

• 4 weeks later...

^^ if it's a stock location turbo, use the stock Downpipe for emissions, then remove it when you're done.

I installed one of these new cats on my car last night and took it to emissions today. It passed with flying colors. After the first 2 min of the test, the computer asked the attendant to make sure the sampling hose was still connected to the car. The cat is so clean the testing computer thought the hose fell off. The re-ran the test and it fast passed.

CO and NOx were 0.1 and HC was 1. (Limits are 1.2, 1.5, and 15)

Aside from the fact that it's about 40 degrees warmer outside today than the last time I drove my car, there is no noticeable loss in power according to the butt dyno. Spool seems about the same too.

I replaced my old race cat with one of these new OBDII race cats. My car was pretty stinky before at stop lights and whatnot, now there is no smell. Even at the tailpipe, there is no smell.

I'm sold on these new cats. I have two left for testing purposes. Any takers?

1414300499_2005OBXTE85EmissionsTest001.thumb.jpg.b43ddb8452b1ad1d63d4a78fff8c06f2.jpg

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Hey Mike I heard your helping my friend Bob with the Crawford performance car to get it to pass emissions with these cats and that is a huge relief. That car not passing emission for the past few months has been a nightmare, and I told him he'd be in good hands with you so thanks for your help with that, and free bump/props for you

Archived