LegacyGT.com

The 2011 Subaru Legacy in Caramel Bronze Pearl

jgsb1966

I like it!!!!!:cool:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs347.ash1/29525_408956721688_101616856688_4709189_7296212_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs347.ash1/29525_408960526688_101616856688_4709365_4161153_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs347.ash1/29525_408960501688_101616856688_4709362_7811538_n.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to agree with lizard.

No matter what rich candy name they try to use to diffuse the impression of that color... it is still brown.

I saw a 2009 Brown Legacy in a car lot over the weekend, and I had to say out loud when I saw it... "What were they thinking with that paint job?"

I was glad that I was driving my Garnet RED Legacy... and I was wondering how Red was off the palette for several years, yet for 2008-2009, they decided somehow that brown was a good idea...

It boggles the mind.

^^^^

See? After 5 years, you are starting to have some of the sound advice actually soak in!;)

The bronze appeals to the Octogenarian market that Subaru is going after with the 2010 Legacy. It should be a good seller.

Subaru's experiments with various shades of Poop Brown™ are a perfect companion to my Bristol Stool Scale.

I just dropped a Caramel Bronze Type 3!

Seriously, I took a picture:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/Spoonwacker/CaramelBronzecopy.jpg

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

^^^ Spoonwacker : PERFECT ! Color : OMG !OMG !OMG ! Huuuurrrrrlllllll. That color REALLY points out all the negative aspects of the gen.5 "design"

(I understand that Subaru is going after an entirely new customer type with these cars......but did they have to make them sooooo butt ugly ? LOOK At THOSE GI-NOR-MOUS FENDER BULGES ! Completely out of proportion ! The color makes 'em appear even bigger ! )

Sorry I'm bashing the gen.5 design (to the people who love theirs) , it' just that as an Industrial Designer , I cannot believe they woud paint such a flawed design this particular color !

Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

Subaru's experiments with various shades of Poop Brown™ are a perfect companion to my Bristol Stool Scale.

I just dropped a Caramel Bronze Type 3!

Seriously, I took a picture:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/Spoonwacker/CaramelBronzecopy.jpg

:whore:

:lol: What an ugly color.

Although I can kind of see what they were going for with it. In the sun it almost has an orange tint to it. If the color was more orange than brown, it might work better, but not for their new target audience. It'd be better suited for a STI type trim level.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

It will probably sell better than the gold did. The bronze outback and legacy both sold better than gold. Bronze tribeca sold better than gold as well. That's all it is... an alternative to gold. The Legacy has 2 blues, and one red already. The bronze also outsold the green Legacy and Outback as well.

There's nothing out of the ordinary with the Legacy versus the segment. Almost everyone has 8-9 colors. (every single one of the 9's had either 2 whites or a color found only on the hybrid model which really means the average is 8)

http://i47.tinypic.com/650bkl.jpg

At the end of the day this dictates what colors will be offered:

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2009/12/20/459399.2-lg.jpg

It looks like Subaru has 95% of the market covered... and brown was a better choice than green, a copper orange, or a very carefully chosen yellow. ;)

It looks like Subaru is listening to the market and its customerS... Not IWSS's one track minded point of view of the way things should be in his perfect master plan of what's wrong with Subaru and the automotive industry.

That being said... I personally would never in a million years purchase a brown car.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^ GASP!!!

Why should any company market to the mass of a market? I thought all productive and profitible companies got there by making specialized, niche products that met specific requirements....

The B4... I think you summed it up PERFECTLY. Yeah a few of us would like a yellow or bolder blue, but the facts and market studies show, they wouldn't sell enough to justify it, and for any company to be profitible, you have to go with the majority...

Just goes to show, you can't count on people to have taste.

Brown is still brown.

Gee, a bunch of people who like brown ugly appliances.

Pardon me while I am thankful that I have actual standards.

Haven't you gotten the point, yet? I know that selling to sheeple is still selling, but that doesn't make the product a superior one. Just one that sells to the lowest common denominator.

Subaru used to be cars that had merit, not that catered to sheeple appliance buyers. Pardon me for wanting the MERIT back.

Because someone likes brown, they don't have taste? People have different tastes... I'm sure someone driving a white or black car would like at an orange or yellow car and think the same thing. Subaru is a business that's in business to do do business... not make cars with colors that nobody wants so that they sit around on a dealer lot for a year before the dealer finally cuts their losses and cheap sells it.

Wake up IWSS. The microcosm you in which you operate is not the real world. Your rationalizing of the irrational with ZERO research is not a substitute for the actual data/research/conjecture that goes into Subaru's decisions. Subaru has been on an extended upward trend when no one else is (appliance, exotic, and in between).

Subaru SHOULD hire you. They should listen to you in their boardroom, thank you for your time, and then do the exact opposite of what you've proposed. It'd probably save them a lot of time and money on actually being able to back up their decisions as opposed to one man's faulty reasoning.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Because someone likes brown, they don't have taste? People have different tastes... I'm sure someone driving a white or black car would like at an orange or yellow car and think the same thing. Subaru is a business that's in business to do do business... not make cars with colors that nobody wants so that they sit around on a dealer lot for a year before the dealer finally cuts their losses and cheap sells it.

Wake up IWSS. The microcosm you in which you operate is not the real world. Your rationalizing of the irrational with ZERO research is not a substitute for the actual data/research/conjecture that goes into Subaru's decisions. Subaru has been on an extended upward trend when no one else is (appliance, exotic, and in between).

Subaru SHOULD hire you. They should listen to you in their boardroom, thank you for your time, and then do the exact opposite of what you've proposed. It'd probably save them a lot of time and money on actually being able to back up their decisions as opposed to one man's faulty reasoning.

My thoughts exactly, B4. I personally, have never been one to follow the herd, so something different can be refreshing.

^^^uh-oh.........B4...........now ya done it ........get ready for another "War & Peace" response !

(for the record......I agree that Subaru has chosen wisely , with the exception of the color in debate )

Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

Archived