LegacyGT.com

Burnt Rubber on your paint

f85stealth

It took me the longest time to figure this out and I am curious if anyone else has this issue.

I noticed that every once in awhile the passenger side of my car would get this nasty heavy black gunk on the paint. It basically is splattered almost like I ran over wet goopy paint.

Turns out it is actually melted rubber from me spinning my tires which eventually dries.

I am assuming it is more prevalent on the passenger side due to our gearing?

Its a bitch to try and remove dry and its even harder when its wet.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Anyone know of some maybe nice mud flaps for our Suby's?

You kids and your burnouts :rolleyes:
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Strip a girl out of her panty hose, dip them in sprite and wipe it right off.

Fixed. And when you say it this way, no one can think "Why does Joe have panty hose laying around?":p:lol:

Also, a 50/50 solution of baby oil and water in a spray bottle than sprayed over the area can be wiped right off along with whatever offending goo has made it's way onto your car. A good trick for any burnout fans when you don't want anyone else to know.;)

Honestly, this post makes me sad. I'm not big into anything constituting abuse (which I consider AWD burnouts to be). But now I realize: I've never found melted chunks of rubber on my car.

And now I feel empty.

Maybe I'll send the re92s out in a blaze of glory?

Archived