LegacyGT.com

Coilover suggestions for LGT Wagon?

robinlsb

Anybody have a suggestion for a coil over set for the LT Wagon? Minimal decrease in ride hight is a must. I know that Koni's are coming soon, but I think that CO's may be a better option.

Currently running Cobb sways, F&R

Thanx.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I have the KW v.2 on my wagon for about 2 months and I like them alot. You can adjust height and dampers. They give a good ride even with my 19's. I also have whiteline F&R sways, Cusco F&R lower braces(really made my wagon feel stiffer.), super pro poly LCA bushing, and AVO RSB brace. I found this setup to be a good combo. I have been reading recent reviews on the Tein basic and MR outbacks have been hearing good things. MR will keep you at stock height and run about $1000. Tein basics(only height adjustments no damper adjustment) are about $800 not sure with the max height is and the KW v.2 I have run about $1500. My KW's are set at a 1/4" below max height(They could bring the car down about another 1.5":eek:) plus I have 19's so the wheel gap my be bigger with smaller wheels.

112317(2).thumb.JPG.ce4f5148704ac9b86e3b96e675d20512.JPG

112326(2).thumb.JPG.dab8ca9b882f2cb9eef00978abd3298f.JPG

112332(2).thumb.JPG.e59000d15c34225c498006af03bb176b.JPG

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Not really. This set up is for the street. The car is not raced or Autoxed.

if you're looking for street only i would strongly consider the Bilstein HDs with pinks (and specB front top mounts). it will run you about $1000 and it's a great setup for street. coilovers are more expensive, most will ride rougher, and most need to be rebuilt every 30-40k miles. the Bilsteins are designed to go a long time before needing rebuilds which is one of the reasons I chose them over coilovers. there's a nice long thread in here where you can read about the HD/pink combo. but here's the cliff notes:

you need spec B front top mounts and JDM springs (everything else can be reused)

order pinks from rallispec (gruppe-s sold me the wrong springs)

bilsteins are out of stock right now (not for long)

the combo works really well.

:)

if you're looking for street only i would strongly consider the Bilstein HDs with pinks (and specB front top mounts). it will run you about $1000 and it's a great setup for street. coilovers are more expensive, most will ride rougher, and most need to be rebuilt every 30-40k miles. the Bilsteins are designed to go a long time before needing rebuilds which is one of the reasons I chose them over coilovers. there's a nice long thread in here where you can read about the HD/pink combo. but here's the cliff notes:

you need spec B front top mounts and JDM springs (everything else can be reused)

order pinks from rallispec (gruppe-s sold me the wrong springs)

bilsteins are out of stock right now (not for long)

the combo works really well.

The question is, just how much does your way lower the car?

:)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Robin, I'm thinking of the same road. I like the thought of KW2s but $1500 is a little stiff on price if not ride quality. With stock tophats, they are supposed to be great on ride.

I've also thought about the Megan Racing coilover option (standard not Outback). For rebuilds, Boostjunkie says it's $85/corner and they simply send you new dampers; you then mount the old springs and perches on the new dampers and toss the old. This is a nice advantage becz come rebuild time, I don't want my car on stands for a week or two. Nor do I want to reinstall old struts while waiting for rebuilt coilovers. The MRs supposedly are pretty smooth on rough roads. If Konis are $750 and I'd have to chop up my struts to put in inserts, then rebuilds would put the car on jackstands until rebuild is done. The MR way looks much more convenient, especially for the price.

+1 definitely Comfort Sports.

They are awesome.

Yep, mine are going in as soon as I take the stock suspention off and send it to PR to swap them out of the LegGT there which I haven't sold yet. Might swap JDM rear sway while at it.

But for the meantime, here is a wagon in PR with 18's and those coilovers (I belive we are the only two on the island, soon to be one):

http://s10.picshome.com/5d1/102_3110.jpg

Was that with stock struts or Bilstiens?

KYB's with JDM tophats.

love the BBS rims on this one

anyone knows what model is that?

what's the offset?

BBS RGR. Offset...not sure

Thanks for the help guys. It is either Megan or BC racing. Will wait for reviews of the BC's:wub:

Well, one of the local guys has now ridden in/driven my car w/ KW V2s and a MR OB Coil-over car. Keep in mind my car has camber plates in the front. His opinion was that the ride was "slightly" plusher in the MR outback, and mine is sportier. I will probably try out my set-up w/o the camberplates after my track-day this weekend.

The benefit to the MR Outback set-up is little to no drop...

:spin:

Oh. That didn't sound good. I meant a ride in the car. With the coilovers. Really.

I knew what you meant dummy!!!!:lol::lol:

Probably won't go to coil overs until September. Need to put in the stage II stuff I ordered and am taking the sea kayaks to Newfoundland in August. I am reluctant to test out the robustness of coil overs with a lot of extra weight in the car, coupled with NeWfie back roads. The nearest Subie dealer is in St. Johns which is a day's ride from the west coast.

Speaking of stage II, can you set cruise above ~90 MPH with the Ap installed?:eek:

Archived