LegacyGT.com

Removing shifter?

I bought a short shifter for my car, and obviously the old shifter needs to come out. However, my Chiltons shows a snap ring and some other stuff that needs to be removed, yet I cannot see those throughout the entire piece, up top or on the bottom. Just curious to see if others have done this before, and if I'm just missing something or what the deal is. Any information is greatly appriciated. Lets see if we can make another information thread. Haha. Thanks.:spin:

Yah I found it. It was seriously just COVERED with grease. Quite simple once you find it. I did it with the driveline still in, which is somewhat annoying, but I did take out the cat assembly. Just pull off the snap ring and bam the shifter came out. Lol.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
No it didn't. I had a ton of play too, and went to the dealership and bought new bushings for the linkage. It helped a little bit, and wasn't too expensive ($20). But the short shifter kit came with just the shifter, a bearing, and a nice decal! Lol.

Kirby can you post a pictures?

and does your car feel sportier with this short shifter :p at least in driving it anyways?

i think its common for ours cars to be a little loose in gear,

a video review from road and track or some other car show actually stated to go for the automatic transmission (lmfao) in our cars.. although the autos just get sloppier over time

Archived