LegacyGT.com

Sunroof wind noise (when it's closed)

I notice a lot of wind noise from my sunroof when the sunroof is closed and the panel inside is open. Everything seems to be sealed OK . . . never had issues at the car wash or anything. It's really quiet with the interior panel closed -- it seems to provide quite a bit of noise insulation.

I'm wondering if the sunroof deflector will help with that wind noise, or increase it. Has anyone installed one and noticed a difference in the wind noise with the interior panel open and sunroof closed?

I don't think it will look bad on my Venetian Red Pearl Legacy (I'm an odd duck though -- I already have the bug deflector and like the way it looks).

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm139/safisher-album/Legacy/Legacyphoto.jpg

I couldn't tell you if the wind deflector would work, but mine is the same way with the noise. I shut the shade when I am on the phone at highway speed...hands free of course :lol:

x4

I made mine a little quieter by adjusting the height, but it still noticeable. I tried to get the rubber ring flush with the roof, good instructions online (search vacation pictures).

• 3 years later...

what kind of noise are you getting? Is it wind noise, like a whistling noise? Or road noise through an air-gap, like it is not sealing properly and you are getting outside noise in from a gap?

I drove a Hyundai Elantra with the sunroof and OEM wind deflector, and that wind deflector actually CREATES a ton of wind and whistling noise. It's terrible. I don't know why anyone would want a deflector.

I had a 91 Prelude with a big beautiful sunroof. Never had an issue and used it all the time.

The only noise I get with my 2013 sunroof is on a rainy day and/or when the car is wet, the rubber gasket around the edge of the sunroof rubs against the paint and makes a squeaky sound, depending on the vibration from the car on the road.

what kind of noise are you getting? Is it wind noise, like a whistling noise? Or road noise through an air-gap, like it is not sealing properly and you are getting outside noise in from a gap?

I drove a Hyundai Elantra with the sunroof and OEM wind deflector, and that wind deflector actually CREATES a ton of wind and whistling noise. It's terrible. I don't know why anyone would want a deflector.

I had a 91 Prelude with a big beautiful sunroof. Never had an issue and used it all the time.

The only noise I get with my 2013 sunroof is on a rainy day and/or when the car is wet, the rubber gasket around the edge of the sunroof rubs against the paint and makes a squeaky sound, depending on the vibration from the car on the road.

I've got noise due to a gap in the seal

Archived