LegacyGT.com

Replacement cost for key?

I tried to ask if they simply would make me a key without the chip (in case i locked my key in the car or something) and they still wanted to charge me 50 bucks for it.

Talk about a rip off. I bought thsi car used from a dealership and didn't think it was a big deal at the time that it only came with one key... ugh 100 bucks for a new one...

Anyone can make a key to get into your car. It's getting a coded key sync'd to your car that is the issue. The immobilizer requires all keys to be present or your other keys will be useless to start the car.

If you're going to spend the money, might as well buy the "all in one key" from FBP for about $70 and if you give them the VIN, they will cut it for free. You'll still have to go to a local dealer to have all the keys & fobs reprogrammed ($50 -$100) but IMHO it is well worth it.

Bought mine on ebay for $10 and gotta it program at the dealer for $20...so total spent was $30.

What exactly did you buy for 10 dollars... and who the heck programs for that little of a price??

Yeah, I did the remote on the 09 all-in-one key by myself, but programming the immobilizer was $50, and the key itself was $65.

Yeah that's what I'm wondering... there's no way that you can get it done for less than 75... unless there's something going on in the backroom if you get my drift...

Bought my key from this seller a while back when it was alot cheaper and got it programed at Hodges Subaru in Michigan for $25 not $20. Jeffrey Acura programmed my key for free when I got one for my TL. Jim Reid Honda programmed my key for free for my Civic Si. Guess it all depends on where your located or I'm just the lucky one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200583137951&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Archived