LegacyGT.com

Cincy05LGT's 2005 LGT Build

PTP turbo blanket reinstalled, frayed vacuum hose loom trimmed up, zip tied all vac lines, Samco bpv hose installed.

That last one was a pain...

Next up:

Diff fluid change

Clutch fluid change

Titanium brake shims

Crawford AOS

Hawk DTC60

Brake cooling ducts

KW Variant 2 coilovers

Front lip

DAMD steering wheel

2015 STi steering rack

Oil pressure gauge

E85 supporting mods

Cobb APV3

flex fuel???

Edited by Cincy05LGT

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just let me know when you're ready. I'm always game for backroads [emoji16]

I actually bailed on autox today, considering i got hammered on the golf course yesterday and I'm still groggy, AND the golfing flared up my wrist injury from my MTB wreck last weekend. I'm feeling pretty old and beat down to say the least.

Edited by Cincy05LGT

• 5 weeks later...

Autocrossed for the final time this season, and had an absolute blast. Met some new people and made some new friends. More importantly, I finally found the limits of the car with new mods which was my goal so now I can build the shopping list for next year. SEATS. Goddammit if i come home with a bruised knee one more time from bracing up against the door... i need race seats. I need to hit up trackfirst and find which seat gets me lower in the car for helmet room, but still goes far enough back for legroom.

Although I'd love to switch to corn at some point, i feel like the current power I'm making is more than adequate for autox. At no point on course do i feel like I'm lacking power. It definitely needs more rear roll stiffness, and wider rubber. 245 RE71R sound ideal. KW Variant 2 coilovers look like the way to go (thanks Randy).

Another big area i need to address is brakes. The EBC yellows SUCK. Once hot, they will barely trigger ABS. Pedal feel is terrible. Between switching back to HAWK, and an STi booster/MC upgrade i think the brakes should be more confidence inspiring.

It's really nice to put a car away for the winter with nothing broken for once. Since April, I've only put 1750 miles on it, but they're the best 1750 it's ever given me.

Edited by Cincy05LGT

• 1 month later...
Thanks, man. I'm just happy i finally got to experience oversteer. I was starting to think it wasn't possible in a Subaru. [emoji13]

Oh its possible...trust me. Had some last night as a matter of fact.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 3 months later...

Attempting the KillerB oil pickup and windage tray install this weekend. Already managed to get pissed off at the dipstick tube, which remains stuck in the pan despite hulk force pulling and twisting from above. Before you ask, yes, i removed the 10mm bracket bolt. Not sure what I'm missing.

So i changed my plan of attack for the evening to jack the engine off the mounts, and start working on the pan perimeter bolts.

I had a really tough time getting the stick out of my oil pan too. I was hesitant to apply hulk force until I reached the point of desperation, thinking I was doing it wrong or there was another bolt somewhere. Eventually it popped out, looked up at me with a smile, and said "did you need something?".

I had a really tough time getting the stick out of my oil pan too. I was hesitant to apply hulk force until I reached the point of desperation, thinking I was doing it wrong or there was another bolt somewhere. Eventually it popped out, looked up at me with a smile, and said "did you need something?".

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got everything buttoned up tonight. What a PITA that was. Still waiting on a new dipstick tube to show up, and might be screwed on getting it back into the oil pan with it installed. Fingers crossed.

Oh, and i finally committed to improving handling behavior and have a set of KW V2 coilovers on the way. So much damn excite!

c110c7a1c9b5fc8502627496be3d6201.jpg

42f7a7449e8b0241840a7611777f2afb.jpg

I see your manifold/crossover heatshields also resemble artifacts raised from the Titanic [emoji38]

Not hurting anything, but those rattles can be a source of phantom knock. Definitely the case for my car.

Good eye. Yeah my learning view has been clean so far thankfully. Next up is a set of ELH, so it will be remedied anyway. I think I'm leaning towards a swaintech coated Invidia.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Edited by Cincy05LGT

• 1 month later...