LegacyGT.com

Washington Body Shops

zisforzachary

Hey NW team, I got a quick question for you all. Over the years and I'm sure most of you all have experienced, the leggy has experienced its fare share of dings, dents and chips from over 150k of pure adventure. anywho, enough about the caaaa. I was thinking about getting some door dings and rock chips banged out and then maybe getting a respray on some of the more problem areas. anyone on here have any:

*suggestions

*tips

*recommended shops

*experiences

*cost estimates

that they would like to share? thanks!

Looks like you're in North Seattle, and if that is the case I highly recommend taking it to GW auto rebuild on highway 99 in Edmonds. They do all the work for Carter Subaru, so they are very familiar with subarus. My family owns three subarus and have had work done there and always been pleased. Last year when my car was backed in to on the right hand rear passenger door/quarter panel I had them do the work and it looked amazing afterwards and to this day I have had no issues and the work is serious quality. It is slightly more expensive, but the work that comes out of their shop in nothing but the best. They've told me it's only good work if you can't tell there's been work and those are the type of guys I like to have work on my car. Let me know if you have any other questions!

I guess that rules out Queen City Auto Rebuild in redmond. Which if you had the cash does incredible work. They are the goto shop for all the exotics dealers in the area.

I'd start looking at the Maaco's and working your way up. The other option is try it yourself. I mean, if you're truly on a budget, DIY is cheapest way and you'll learn pretty quick if you're on the way to your own car repair reality show.

I guess that rules out Queen City Auto Rebuild in redmond. Which if you had the cash does incredible work. They are the goto shop for all the exotics dealers in the area.

I'd start looking at the Maaco's and working your way up. The other option is try it yourself. I mean, if you're truly on a budget, DIY is cheapest way and you'll learn pretty quick if you're on the way to your own car repair reality show.

haha truth there. Most of my body work experience has been grounded in larger scale rebuilds (our 72 impala) but ive havent had a lot of experience on smaller things like door dings and hail damage. im trying to decide if its a bondo and then prime/paint/finish type job or something that i should be trying to pound out then prime/paint/finish...

35614_1376065996002_7582586_n.jpg.5969d0b7286f8ec634521f669ffd321e.jpg

• 2 years later...

Queen City has had employees in the past that do and deal coke while at work.

Just a friendly heads up!

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone have any experience with Professional Collision of Mulkiteo? Or the one in Lynnwood?

I'm looking at Bel-Kirk Autobody as well. Good reviews all around, but...

I took the Legacy there as well for an estimate. It was the last place I took it to since it was close to work and Im glad i did. It was the lowest priced out of 3 others that are in mill creek area. I will probably use them to fix the dent. They have great reviews and work well with state farm as well.

I could recommend a couple, but I suspect you don't want to drive down to Vancouver or Portland for bodywork :lol:.

Wife dented up our Rav4 by getting the recycle bin caught between the car and the garage door frame. Unfortunately cracked the paint in a couple places so can't just use PDR and buff. USAA insurance recommends the Kadel's Alpine Auto Body shops which gave us a quote of $1400. Would you recommend them or someone else?

http://i.imgur.com/PuJ1VGB.jpg

Archived