LegacyGT.com

New to the suuby world, need suspension advice

Hey guys. Been around imprezas and foresters for a decade. Finally got into a 2004 outback. Too good of a deal to pass up. 150k, rebuilt motor from my twin who's all suuby, came with a set of 04 sti springs and 17" prodrive p1's which I'm restoring as we speak. Was on my way to prep the fronts for grimspeed and I heard some metallic noise. So I just went anyhow. Checked out the rear suspension and see a bunch of toast bushings and although the brakes were fixed 5mo ago, the RR pads are down to metal. I will fix those no problem. I'll get a new rotor as well.

That's just what happened tonight.

What I'm here asking is, does anyone know what to do or suggest a plan of attack on what I'm dealing with? I feel I should replace trailing are and control are bushings. My twin said there's a spacer somewhere on a cross member I'll need to switch over, install legacy struts and the sti springs.

How much drop will I get? I'm not wanting it slammed at all. Figured this would be relatively simple but I'll check with you peos first. Strut mounts will be replaced too.

Anyone have comments? Please help with your knowledge. I will be very appreciative if you can tell me all over anything that will help.

You guys are who I trust will know...

Thanks guys

Ryan

Archived