LegacyGT.com

outside temp reading changes very slowly

I pull out of the garage which is about 60 degrees and it takes about 15 miles to update to 85 degrees. My old mercedes was always very instatanious. My concern is in winter (northern idaho) If I drive into a freezing valley I do not want to be on ice for 15 mins before my temp guage tells me its freezing.

Has anyone noticed how long your temp takes to change?

If you think about it would you look and post the results?

Thanks

Mark

I dont need a temp gauge to tell me when its hot or cold. And you would think that you would know when your driving on ice.

But in response to your question. Mine doesnt take that long to adjust. maybe a couple of minutes. So yours might be FURBARed. My last legacy didnt take that long neither. if you have the time to spare and it is of concern to you just take it to the dealer to get looked at.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

I think this was discussed at some point in time here, but if I remember correctly someone said is designed that way nott to give you a false reading. I also believe the outside temperature sensor works in conjuction with the auto climate system.

X

---

I dont need a temp gauge to tell me when its hot or cold. And you would think that you would know when your driving on ice.

This is the same guy that wants automatic headlights and wipers. Does anyone think for themselves anymore? My suggestion is to hire a driver because you are oblivious :)

Laz is right :cool:

The sensor on this vehicle isn't right at the front of the bumper like some others. When parked in the garage it is sitting in a constant ambient temp. When you leave the garage and start driving it takes a couple minutes for the probe to warm or cool to the moving air temp. An easy way to get a correct reading before you leave the driveway is to let the car warm up to proper "operating temp." before driving. By this time the temp probe sshould be adjusted.;)

If you need a computer to tell you that it's almost or below freezing you have other issues. Kinda sounds like the radio station that tells you it 70 and sunny when it's actually 50 and raining. :rolleyes:

Let's kick this pig!

Archived