LegacyGT.com

Q300 fitment issues

I can't find anyone saying they're having trouble installing their Q300, but I am trying to to get mine installed and the mid pipe is hitting the heat shield between the pipe and the drive shaft. Also, the short pipe is not wanting to clear the rear sway bar. Is anyone else having this issue? I am using the short Kartboy hangers because RallysportDirect (where I bought the exhaust) said the short ones are fine.

I got it figured out. First, RallySportDirect said the short Kartboy hangers would be good for my install. They were not. The mufflers are almost touching the bumper cutouts, but the'll pass until the long hangers come in. For the clearance issue for the swing arm, I still have one 15mm KB long hanger from my WRX and the others hold the mufflers in well, so I used it for clearance and it worked fine. The short would absolutely not work where the mid pipe meets the splitter.

Lastly, the cat on the long pipe was resting against the heat shield for the drive shaft. It was thinner than I thought, so I just hit it until it was high enough to clear.

I'm not sure why I'm the only one having these issues. I searched a couple different forums and couldn't find mention of it anywhere.

Archived