LegacyGT.com

2015 legacy limited hk audio has fewer features than legacy premium system

Phdewi

Hi fellow legacy owners

I just took delivery of my loaded 2015 legacy limited

I am disappointed that the HK top of the line audio lacks some of the neat features that the mid range legacy premium audio system has.

The hk audio only has treble, mid, and bass tone controls while the premium audio has several user defineable preset tone curves and a multiple band graphic equalizer.

The limited hk audio also does not have an "automatic audio level control". This feature which the legacy premium has, provides user selectable settings to increase the audio loudness to correspond with increased road noise at higher speeds.

Subaru, did I really get a better audio?

So the owners manual doesn't show a different setting for the headunit - are you referring to with/without NAV, maybe? (the H/K is just the speakers and amp)

in the nav manual they show two different screens, type a and type b, one with and one without the equalizer - not sure if that's something you can change or not (it's not the same as the type a/b in the owners manual which differentiates between the base and premium/limited trim levels). Surprised there isn't speed sensitive volume, unless it's built in and you can't turn it off (not sure if it's different for 15, but through 14 it just looks at vehicle speed, not ambient noise)

Responding to recent post:

I thought that my hk system was just amp and speakers but subaru salesman states it is all hk, the head, the nav etc. I find that hard to believe. Anyway my hk, limited, top of the line car has hk and nav. However it only has the type b non graphic equalizer sound setting screen as shown on p52 of the nav book. It does also not have the automatic sound leveler (ASL) feature item 7 on the audio settings screen as described on 89, 90, and 91 of the nav book. The only way I can get the audio sound level to change with increased vehicle speed is to use my thumb and turn up the volume with the + button on the left side of the steering wheel! Then when I slow back down to city driving speed, the audio is too loud.

I wish someone official from subaru would explain why i can't have a full featured audio system in my full featured top,of the line legacy limited.

Pat from ft wayne

Why don't you go sit in a premium and see if it sounds better to you? more options/tweaks doesn't make a better system - the quality of the speakers and amp have a lot to do with that.

So if you click on <home> then <settings> then <audio>then go down to the bottom of the menu, it doesn't list "automatic sound levelizer"? the manual suggests it should be there.

The only way I can get the audio sound level to change with increased vehicle speed is to use my thumb and turn up the volume with the + button on the left side of the steering wheel! Then when I slow back down to city driving speed, the audio is too loud.

Oh, the first world problems!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived