LegacyGT.com

Problem with Double-din custom install-HVAC controls

Purple Jrank

I have a 2005 Legacy with the standard radio that everyone wants to replace with a double din head unit. I am wondering whether it is possible to hook up something to control the HVAC settings without having the controls plugged in. Or if anyone in the Albany area has a radio lying around that I could hookup for 30 seconds to turn down the heat, that would also solve my problem.

Soo... being the genius I am, I jumped right into doing the custom install that LLBean was kind to provide a detailed walk through for (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/finally-can-now-install-aftermarket-stereo-136272.html). However, because I have had almost no time to work on it since I removed and disassembled the radio, which I did when it was 0 degrees outside, it still is in the process of being soldered back together. What I did not realize is that the last setting for the HVAC controls is the one that it remembers, which happened to be be the full heat setting. That is why I am driving around in 80 degree weather with the heat blasting. It makes drives of more than 5 minutes fairly uncomfortable.

Thanks a lot!! I have been driving in some hot weather with the heat at full blast, so it was a pleasant experience to go for a long ride without adding to the misery. It is funny how I had been imagining that the solution would be complicated, but it was so simple in reality. I kind of feel stupid for not thinking of resetting the computers.

Thanks again for the help!

Thanks a lot!! I have been driving in some hot weather with the heat at full blast, so it was a pleasant experience to go for a long ride without adding to the misery. It is funny how I had been imagining that the solution would be complicated, but it was so simple in reality. I kind of feel stupid for not thinking of resetting the computers.

Thanks again for the help!

Not a problem. :) Glad it worked......I had disconnected the battery so many times and hated the HVAC resetting to 75 each time....but now I don't regret it. lol.

Archived