LegacyGT.com

Diagnose my issue.......

Weird question, see what you guys got........

If I make a slightly hard or harder left turn (turn the wheel more than 45 degrees or so).....when I begin going straight again and let go of my wheel, the car will pull left and the wheel will actually move as well.....Does the same thing to the right...once I tilt the wheel in the opposite direction slightly, the car will travel normally in a straight path. I can hear a weird clunking sound when I turn the wheel a good amount.....WTF IS IT!!! I am on koni/swift btw, do not see that being the issue though.....any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Def not the alignment, had it done twice and it did not resolve the issue... find it hard to believe both cv joints went out simultaneously and would they even cause the car to pull in whichever direction....idk what the hell it is, but it's botherin the $hit outta me

Mine was making some odd sounds and strange feedback through the wheel when turning at low speed. I was thinking CV joints and power steering, tie rods etc. It turned out that the pillow ball nut was loose on one side and allowed the bushings to rub differently as well as clunk over bumps and while turning. I tightened it and all is good. Try checking those.

Ended up having to tighten the top bolt of strut/spring assmebly (that's the pillowball nut right?) still clunks a little, but the wheel doesn't hold positions anymore so I'm going to try and spray some lube in there and see what happens....thanks for your input guys,

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same "wandering" issue in our stock 05 LGT wagon 87k

new(in the last 8-10k): lca bushings, sway bar bushings, endlinks, struts, strut mounts. makes kind of a straining/popping during 3-point turns and pulling away at 90d intersections, steering wheel doesn't "pop" back to center, and depending on turn direction, car wanders in that direction. also, live on a dirt road, and i hear a shake/rattle at about 20-25mph that goes away under braking. just had the car aligned last week, tech said ball joints were fine. it's GOT to be in the power steering. there's no "hum" and the steering wheel doesn't jump, so tie rod ends? steering rack? any input would be AWESOME!

Archived