LegacyGT.com

RHD postal business

I found a person with a 96 leggy postal for parts, its an auto with no engine. I have a 99 Brighton with a 5MT and my car is obviously complete/a lot cleaner than a parts car....

My question is, is that, are the only things I would need be the parts related to it being rhd (pedal ass'y, column, rack, dash, etc.) And the sensors..

If anyone has done this or has insight please help. The reason for doing this is simply because I can and a RHD jap wagon of my choice (99 second gen) would be great. With that being said, if its something that seems to insane to be worth it, I may reconsider...

Thanks in advance.

As you may know, the only JDM engine that fits in a RHD and not a LHD is the ej20 twin turbo. If you absolutely have to have the twin then you'll need the RHD, or at least it's firewall. I wouldn't get the twin turbo in the first place though. I have heard they can be problematic.

As you may know, the only JDM engine that fits in a RHD and not a LHD is the ej20 twin turbo. If you absolutely have to have the twin then you'll need the RHD, or at least it's firewall. I wouldn't get the twin turbo in the first place though. I have heard they can be problematic.

Well, since it is a postal and it had an ej22 phase 2 (same engine as mine) shouldn't all of my things fit? The only reason I don't think I will have a problem is because my intake plumbing is very minimalistic. With that said,

I am assuming id move the brake master cyl/booster over as well and just run custom lines?

Are you trying to get the 96 running or convert your 99?

I would get the 96 running, depending on its condition (what is its condition?), it would be alot easier than hacking up both cars, and in the end would be worth more money than one hacked up car and one junkyard car.

how many miles on the 96?

how bad is it?

how did it run before the engine was pulled?

my guess is that the engine was harvested for an outback somewhere, when the owner thought the car was not worth reviving, even if it did run.

there are a world of headaches in changing a LHD car to RHD, even if you have all the parts available. it would be much easier and cheaper to sell both and buy a LHD that is running. they are out there, but usually with high miles and a lot of wear and tear.

second best option, buy an engine and put the 96 back on the road.

Hey! No one said shit about hacking! Haha, but my car has just turned 110k and this postal has a rot patch the size of Pangea on the rear quarter, and the milage was somewhere abouts the 275k range (typical postal vehicle).

I would just be taking parts from the postal and then just making mine rhd.

But like john said, it seems to be a headache, as I was under the impression you could just disassemble both and rebuild my car with the rhd parts, as subaru would've done from the factory.

But the jist is that, that postal wagon is hammmmmmmmmered.

how many miles on the 96?

how bad is it?

how did it run before the engine was pulled?

my guess is that the engine was harvested for an outback somewhere, when the owner thought the car was not worth reviving, even if it did run.

there are a world of headaches in changing a LHD car to RHD, even if you have all the parts available. it would be much easier and cheaper to sell both and buy a LHD that is running. they are out there, but usually with high miles and a lot of wear and tear.

second best option, buy an engine and put the 96 back on the road.

And from what the owner said it ran fine, just the body was too wasted, and we live in NYS, and they **** the area around here with salt.

I mean they salt before they are predicting snowfall, just so they don't have to plow and the snow melts when it hits the ground, then turns to black ice (nys dot is retarded)

/end rant

Sounds like it would be one heck of a fun project but I don't see you having a driveable vehicle for a few months and a few less $$ LOL

I'd do the swap to your 99 for fun so long as there is a DD available for a long while...

GL to you though and keep us posted!

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i187/hondateque/AD42DA36-D47B-419C-B6BE-0B0902CA445F-7728-0000059593F14143.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i187/hondateque/68D23A57-B132-47B6-92B7-C0FB0D109229-7728-00000595B1F7F96A.jpg

Here's mine. 60 hours for just the firewall conversion.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i187/hondateque/AA34C94A-98C1-4510-8EFF-14D924ED31DA-7728-000005957F565380.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i187/hondateque/1BA95A47-6586-4358-9BDE-7DB67783885C-17339-00000AA1130426C5.jpg

http://www.FASTofwestchester.com

If you want a RHD vehicle import one from Japan and move the VIN# from the Postal vehicle to the imported.

Legal? Maybe not entirely, but only if you are discovered.

probably not a big deal until you try to sell the car. at that point i think it becomes a jail-able offense.

Archived