LegacyGT.com

Is this the wrong forum for me?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SlingXShot,

I'll try to answer politely and hopefully save the flaming....

From what I have read and seen of your posts, you start out asking a question and seeking input. Once someone offers input with the least bit cynicism you get offended, then retaliate. Furthermore, you then post how you are then going to make a decision (that goes against all said input posted by others) and ask what everyone thinks of that decision....

Other posts I have seen of yours are just newbie posts that everyone new to forums makes.... "what are the OEM tires on my car?" Answers that can be found by searching the forums or the internet for a few minutes.

The best advice I can give you is to read and browse the forums for about 3 months.... let everyone forget your initial questions.... you will gain A TON of useful info second hand by just reading interesting threads. You will also see enough hazing and flaming to realize you were not being picked on at first..... then you will start to realize how the etiquette goes. Then when you do decide to post stand back and be ready for a couple of smart ass remarks (it happens) and then read what people post and take their advice.

This is just my $.02 trying to help you out. Please don't get offended. Take it with a grain of salt, got to nasioc.com and see how bad people over there get flamed, and you'll realize this place is great.

Best of luck, and enjoy your LGT in the meantime :D

What you wrote:

So after few days of owning the car I came to several impressions...

The reason I am comparing is because we got similar HP, properties to a typical person, but once you get into them there are stark differences. My main one is handling and power.

- first the lgt has its power more refined. Meaning it would accelerate when I need it to. In addition, the throttle is much more defined. When I press the peddle it brings acceleration more gradually. On the altima the thortle is more like an on and off stitch. You press hardn full power, u don't press hard enough you will get nothing....

- when I exit or enter those tight ramps... And speed up...I feel more control...altima it becomes scary

- I managed to drift on wet weather... it actually felt fun doing... On the altima its scary

- the most apparent is no wheel spinning upon acceleration... It just goes... On the altima it was a pain when I got just it...

- braking... I believe this car brakes much better

- stainless steel triptronic shifters right on the wheel... Without switching to triptronic mode.. I noticed this saves a ton of time if you want to lower to a lower gear...

In conclusion... I had this long fight with my dad... No matter how many times I tried to explain why lgt is a better car than most other sedans like camry and altima and so on... He never gets it... Basically I still think this car is the best choice I made...

Do you speak English as a second language? If so, say so, and people will cut you some slack. If not, then structure your responses logically or live with the consequences. This is an erudite bunch.;)

Who Dares Wins

スバル

SlingXShot,

I'll try to answer politely and hopefully save the flaming....

From what I have read and seen of your posts, you start out asking a question and seeking input. Once someone offers input with the least bit cynicism you get offended, then retaliate. Furthermore, you then post how you are then going to make a decision (that goes against all said input posted by others) and ask what everyone thinks of that decision....

Other posts I have seen of yours are just newbie posts that everyone new to forums makes.... "what are the OEM tires on my car?" Answers that can be found by searching the forums or the internet for a few minutes.

The best advice I can give you is to read and browse the forums for about 3 months.... let everyone forget your initial questions.... you will gain A TON of useful info second hand by just reading interesting threads. You will also see enough hazing and flaming to realize you were not being picked on at first..... then you will start to realize how the etiquette goes. Then when you do decide to post stand back and be ready for a couple of smart ass remarks (it happens) and then read what people post and take their advice.

This is just my $.02 trying to help you out. Please don't get offended. Take it with a grain of salt, got to nasioc.com and see how bad people over there get flamed, and you'll realize this place is great.

Best of luck, and enjoy your LGT in the meantime :D

This is nice and logical. I'd suggest every new member should have this PM-ed to them upon joining. Could save some frustration on both sides.

:lol: I get picked on all the time, everyone probably did when they started posting here. You just need to realize that you'll never have everyone agree with what you do/say, and, in my case, I understand that a lot of people on this forum have been on here MUCH longer and have seen a lot more posts than me, so they get tired of people repeating questions that have already been answered. Definitely take vr4Legacy's advice and use the search as much as possible, I rarely come across a mod I want to do that doesn't have at least some discussion on here. As for general chat threads, I don't think you can really ever post on them without someone making a comment :rolleyes:, just know that for the most part while they may be flaming you, there's usually a good answer underneath it.

I've only been here a few months but I've joined enough big forums to know to search before I ask. That, or pick a related thread and post in there. Don't start a thread in here asking what kind of cold air to buy. Don't ask who has Hawk pads and how you like them. Want to know what's needed to swap STi brakes? That's a thread starter but not before a search because I'm willing to bet there's one about it already. If you're new to the Interwebz and forums that are full of knowledgable people, they too have seen their fair share of repetitive questions. That's also why there are sticky'd threads here and everywhere. They're filled with common questions and answers all n00bz have. Wether you stay or go, I say good luck in your travels with your car. Enjoy it as much as I love mine.;)

i personally do not care.

look at this thread. most are just like this. filled with non sense hs crap. seems to be the biggest complainers are too stupid to just move on and ignore a thread. your search will yield several results and 85% of is pure crap. you will find one thing too. more people are talkers then they are doers. dont believe me...there was a thread not too long ago about hitting 12's in the 1/4. only a few got it right.

my hawk pad upgrades? wanna know? just ask...

ignore the whiners...

Just sensor what you what you post....you start an awful lot of threads with very basic stuff. Find an appropriate thread by searching and ask in there, rather than starting up a whole new one. If you do this you will draw a lot less attention to yourself and get the answer alot quicker (probably).

Don't take it personally, many people on this thread will tell you that I am, well many unpleasant things...but I don't care (no offense guys), I'm not here to make friends. This sight is all about finding info on your car...not whether the LGT community have good or bad feelings for you.

In future though....if you ask a question seeking advice, when it is given to you at least listen yeah? Even if you don't go with what we have said at least show that you know where we are coming from rather than just coming back with an attack.

Guest heightsgtltd

:lol:

and Richard B should be the LGT.com welcoming committee :rolleyes:

Slingshot, everyone has told you in this thread why you have raised the ire of people on here. Follow what has been said and all shall be good.

Guest heightsgtltd
Actually, i think people are pretty tolerant of grammar and spelling on here. The larger issue is not searching before posting threads, etc.

which oil is best for my LGT? i was told Mobile 1 but after using it for months i noticed that my performance has suffered. my car went from low 12's in the 1/4 mile to mid 13's. :mad:
Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived