LegacyGT.com

Flashing cruise control light after front wheel bearing intstall.

Well I have spent a good solid two hours on the site reasearching this problem and found alot of helpful info., looks like I should of stayed with a OEM replacement in the front and Moog,Timkin,or Detroit Axle in the rears. I replaced my passengerside front wheel bearing with a Moog from Advance Auto not the cheap one but the good one I thought. Went for a long trip over the Holidays went to engage the cruise control and all it did was flash at me. I assume from what I read on the site that you do not have to reset or there is a way to reset the cruise control after a wheel bearing install. Input would be appreaciated. Ty

My question is this: Did you remove the ABS wheel speed sensor when you replaced the hub assembly? If you didn't there is a good chance that you damaged the sensor. If that is not the case the you may have not cleaned up the mating surface and bore where the wheel hub bolts on good enough. Corrosion can cause the new hub to sit out further than where the original one sat. This will cause the abs wheel speed sensor to not line up with the internal tone ring inside of the wheel hub assembly. I've read countless posts about issues with front hubs messing up cruise control on these cars and I believe that nearly all can be attributed to one of these two possibilities. I remember reading an article somewhere where Moog/National (same thing) were mounting up wheel hubs that got sent back damaged on a test vehicle only to find that there were nothing wron with them. I believe that the conclusion of the findings was improper installation was the cause of the issue.

Great, well out with the Moog, man that pisses me off that was not cheap even with that online Advance Auto part coupon code with 40.00 off I still payed like 86.00 dolllars. I had a local tire mechanics shop put it in for me I know the mechanic there real well and he did it for a good price. Had bad luck doing a bearing install on one of my other cars so I made the choice to pay someone this time to do it. Looks like factory for the front for a sure thing, not taking a chance with those Detroit Axles some members said they work on the front and some said they did not. TY for all the input. This site is honestly awesome.

I run one Timken up front and two in the back with no issues, guess we'll see once I replace the other front one :lol:.

Moog is notorious for having issues though.

The auto parts store should give you back your money, I got mine back from them.

This, plus it's the only way to really make Moog realize that they are selling incompatible bearings.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Again why buy Moogs when you can get Timken, see post #162,

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/idea-web-links-saved-various-parts-219238p5.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

When one of the hubs started making noise on my wagon I chose to replace all 4 corners. Since I had used Rock Auto for parts on all my vehicles and felt they supplied OEM quality parts I ordered 2 rear and 2 front hubs.

Did the swap of the rears first, as they arrived a few days before the fronts. No problems at all.

A week later I replaced the fronts. On the test drive the cruise engaged, but was weird, it surged, then shut off. I reset it, more surging, then it shut off, Abe the dash indicator began to blink.

I reinstalled the original hubs, and returned the fronts to Rock Auto. Ordered up a set from the local Subie dealer, put them on, and no issues.

Some things just have to be OEM.

Archived