LegacyGT.com

tranny limits

On tues i am trading my 02 wrx for a 06 LGT ltd. i know that the wrx tranny is good up to about 300whp but i am curious what the limits of the lgt tranny is. i was planning on eventually going with a sti turbo swap then a long time down the road (3 yrs or so) putting in a sti 6sp.

thx for the info. ok so i guess i can look into about 375hp before i need to worry about tranny self destruction. it would be more cash into the car than i want to spend to get to that point anytime soon. guess ill just stick to the sti turbo setup plan and leave it at that.

The 5-speed tranny is a weak point in our cars (spec-B has the better 6-speed). The stock engines itself is only good up to about 350Whp. If you play nice the stock tranny could handle this for a good amount of time.

Yes you would be completely safe and reliable. In my opinion it will make a great setup. Not so powerful that you going to test the limits of the engine/tranny etc.. but fast enough to make a stock mustang (2010 or older) say wtf? lol

Oh.. I dont remember reading if your planning on switching out your TMIC, its a must.

Archived