LegacyGT.com

05 Limited vs. Non-Limited

I am looking to get a LGT within the next few months, as soon as I find a good deal with the options I want. Right now I am looking at an 05 non-ltd 5sp with 27k mils for $18,500 from a subie dealer.

Seems the non-ltd will save me a few k. But what am I missing out on by not getting the ltd??? Should I spring for the ltd.?

I think if I save maybe 3k with non-ltd I could put that into mods. So a non-ltd with mods or a stock ltd.?

Thoughts?

Leather, dual-climate controls, heated seats, 6 dash cd player, moonroof. I would miss all those if I didnt have them, but thats up to your liking. I'd say get the limited, but still do mods.:icon_bigg

05 Non-limited HAS dual-climate controls, heated seats, 6 dash cd player.

Limited models give you Leather, power seat and sunroof.

- The Mortgage Man

05 Non-limited HAS dual-climate controls, heated seats, 6 dash cd player.

Limited models give you Leather, power seat and sunroof.

correct me if im wrong, but i thought heated seats are only with leather?

I agree, non-lmtd. My sis has an '06lmtd and it's nice, but the sunroof is extra weight up high. I'm a low center of gravity kind of guy. plus it's one more thing to rattle, leak, break or whatever.

I like my GT seats better than leather anyway.:icon_cool

put the $$ into mods or if you enjoy life, take a trip. :icon_mrgr

This is completely up to you. Do you want leather, a sunroof, and power seats? If you answer yes, than go for the limited edition.

Me? Well when I had an Accord with a sunroof, I never used it. I hate sliding around in leather, and I LOVE the two tone cloth seats in the LGT, and I prefer manual seats, because it's one less thing to go wrong. So for me, I demanded a base LGT. But in the end, it should be what YOU want, not what we think you should get. ;)

Either way, enjoy it!

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Just throwin' this out there, but regardless of leather vs. cloth, the powered "limited" seats offer more thigh support for the driver which is HUGE for those with long legs such as myself. When I drive the wife's non-limited LGT, I feel like the front of the seat is falling through the floor pan. Very uncomfortable for me.
ignore him, he'll go away.

Just throwin' this out there, but regardless of leather vs. cloth, the powered "limited" seats offer more thigh support for the driver which is HUGE for those with long legs such as myself. When I drive the wife's non-limited LGT, I feel like the front of the seat is falling through the floor pan. Very uncomfortable for me.

i just did the leather because I've found leather to wear better over a long period of time..

Philly Willy, Just to clarify, the sum of the posts above are correct. In the 2005 model the only difference is power adjustable leather seats and the sun roof. The non-limited model is about 65 pounds lighter as a result.

FWIW, I own a non-limited and miss neither of those features. I'd rather keep the $$$ in my pocket!

Thanks for all your comments. Much appreciated.

I think the only thing I would really miss is the moonroof since I have one now in my 95 integra spec. ed. I also have leather but won't miss that too much....especially since mine is old and cracked. I wonder how the newer leather holds up after 10 years or so, not that I would even own the car that long. i do have a friend with a 95 legacy and his leather is in great condition. Probably all in how you care for it.

Anyways, I dont think the moonroof is really worth the extra cash since it seems like I will being saving a few grand on the non-ltd. I will probably go for the non ltd. and then sell my car and buy mods with that $. I like the 2 tone seats.

Thanks again! Lookin forward to being an LGT owner (i've been waiting about 2 years)

One more question, Ive seen people in the past say not to buy from Bill Kolb. Anyone know why? Seems to have good deals.

The extra adjustment option with the Limited seats was the main reason I opted for the Limited. I would not have purchased a Legacy at all if I only had the non-limited seat option. I'm not tall (5'7"), but I still like the thigh support and being able to position my back relative to the lumbar support. I can hardly stand to sit in the passenger seat where you can't adjust it the same way.

If you can live with the seats, I'm not sure the rest of the Limited features are worth the $$$. The sunroof is more of a benefit for the passengers in the back seat. It is too far back for the driver to really enjoy. The rattling cover is starting to drive me crazy.

Try both before you buy.

'Tis true ... but the trade off is that the powered Leather seats sit higher too. Though I do wish my cloth seats offered just a little more lower thigh support.

If you're thinking about getting a wagon, then definitely get the limited for the moonroof...it's huge, and seems like the car industry is taking note!

When the sun is out, regardless of the temperature, that sucker is open baby! Best feeling ever, who needs a convertible?!

Only if you're really tall, really performanced-oriented, or getting the sedan would I then consider going non-limited.

ps: coming from a wrx, I always thought leather seats and sunroofs were useless too..but, don't ask me to part with them now!

The extra adjustment option with the Limited seats was the main reason I opted for the Limited. I would not have purchased a Legacy at all if I only had the non-limited seat option. I'm not tall (5'7"), but I still like the thigh support and being able to position my back relative to the lumbar support. I can hardly stand to sit in the passenger seat where you can't adjust it the same way.

If you can live with the seats, I'm not sure the rest of the Limited features are worth the $$$. The sunroof is more of a benefit for the passengers in the back seat. It is too far back for the driver to really enjoy. The rattling cover is starting to drive me crazy.

Try both before you buy.

It's pretty easy to fabricate brackets to raise the front of the seats about one inch; it makes a big difference.

If you're thinking about getting a wagon, then definitely get the limited for the moonroof...it's huge, and seems like the car industry is taking note!

When the sun is out, regardless of the temperature, that sucker is open baby! Best feeling ever, who needs a convertible?!

That is precisely the reason I wanted a non-limited and would not get a limited. That moonroof is huge, although of no real benefit to those in the front seat and is just something else to go wrong. I had one in my 90 Legacy and used it about 5 times in the 11 years I owned the car. Don't know if it is any better in the newer cars but mine produced a lot of wind noise when open as well. And take it from someone who does own a convertible, a moonroof is no substitute for real open air motoring. :icon_wink

I have the limited and really like the extras. Plus I got my 05 LGT for 17600 with 33K miles. The dealer told me they have a hard time selling manuals. (I'm not supprised, most US buyers prefer auto) Less demand means more room to bargain.

I am looking for a manual and I am finding 90% autos. wish there were more manuals out there. i have never owned an auto and this will be my 4h car. i dont think i will ever own an auto unless it is a second car.

erguby, that sounds like a sweet deal. what part of the country u in?

i've had a moonroof for 5 years and would feel weird without one. still lookin for my deal to come along.

Only if you're really tall, really performanced-oriented, or getting the sedan would I then consider going non-limited.

...I always thought leather seats and sunroofs were useless too..but, don't ask me to part with them now!

:whore:

Archived