LegacyGT.com

TUNING: 07 Spec B has no Code Disables in RomRaider?

I have been tuning my own Imprezas for several years, but this is the first Legacy I have encountered (07 Spec B)

Last night I was making adjustments to a map for stage 2, and, when I got down to where the disable codes should be, there was no menu.

Has anyone else that tunes with RomRaider encountered this.

I have the newest version and definitions.

Interesting, Romraider is missing the "Diagnostic Trouble Codes" folder for 6mt, but it's there for 5mt. I will check ECU Flash today and let you know if they are missing it too. If they are that means the ECU is different enough from 5mt and no one has defined the codes yet.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

You mean open source is flawed??? No way. LOL.

What Romraider has definition wise is God sent compared to what I've worked with before on Nissan's. You don't realize how nice we have it until you go to tune a car to see that most tables are names "Unknown Table 50". Where basically the only tunable items are the fuel map and timing map :spin:

22 Ascent STOCK

What Romraider has definition wise is God sent compared to what I've worked with before on Nissan's. You don't realize how nice we have it until you go to tune a car to see that most tables are names "Unknown Table 50". Where basically the only tunable items are the fuel map and timing map :spin:

I am WELL versed in Datsun/Nissan. That is where I started. Back removing ECM's. Un-soldering chips. Soldering in 24k gold sockets then burning chips so I could try different maps. Spent more than a few bucks with Jim Wolf building my Super Charged Frontier. Spent more with Stillen building my turbo B13. Spent more with... on the 510's the B210, the SER (had 2), the SER SpecV (I was the one who fit and tested the Brembo package off the 300z that Nissan implemented as a factory option 1 year later).

Romraider is ok. Some of the defs work. Some not so well.

• 2 months later...
I am WELL versed in Datsun/Nissan. That is where I started. Back removing ECM's. Un-soldering chips. Soldering in 24k gold sockets then burning chips so I could try different maps. Spent more than a few bucks with Jim Wolf building my Super Charged Frontier. Spent more with Stillen building my turbo B13. Spent more with... on the 510's the B210, the SER (had 2), the SER SpecV (I was the one who fit and tested the Brembo package off the 300z that Nissan implemented as a factory option 1 year later).

Romraider is ok. Some of the defs work. Some not so well.

Sorry I completely missed this! Where you ever on the SR20Forum's? I got into the game after Calum started making daughter boards so I could avoid the costly JWT. We used TunerPro, but the definitions were very lacking, this is why I say Romraider is amazing because it has so many more definitions and for so many cars. Right now we have it much better then Romraider, with NismoTronic and Nemu ECU's.

One thing Romraider really needs is the ability to review logs and map trace recorded logs.

Old thread, maybe someone can help me though. My ecu is A2UI001L and I need to disable some codes. Since that table is not available on mine, how can I do this? It has been driving me nuts, and I was grateful to find this thread!

Try using A2UG000L

22 Ascent STOCK

Try using A2UG000L

I have no idea how to write everything from the other definition to this one? Can you shed some light on that please? I asked a tuner on here, but he said most likely that definition wont work?? emissions are due and this is taking up hours of time away with no luck! Sure yall have been there before.

To be honest, I have no idea. I've had a far more enjoyable time modifying existing definitions in ECU Flash. If your definitions are wrong, then even if you know how to modify it it's still useless since you don't know table addresses.

Looking at the Subaru ECU models and changes, looks like A2UI001L surpasses A2UG000L

and A2UI000L due to a hesitation at 3k-4k rpm. Since A2UI001L is the newer one, you should be able to downgrade to the old ones. But as always do this at your own risk, you might brick your ECU.

You could always ask guys at RomRaider to see if someone could finish the definitions file for for A2UI001L.

22 Ascent STOCK

Sorry I completely missed this! Where you ever on the SR20Forum's? I got into the game after Calum started making daughter boards so I could avoid the costly JWT. We used TunerPro, but the definitions were very lacking, this is why I say Romraider is amazing because it has so many more definitions and for so many cars. Right now we have it much better then Romraider, with NismoTronic and Nemu ECU's.

Never on the forums. Forums did not exist (the internet barely did) when I began building the SER's (circa 1990-1991). The internet and forums were in their infancy when I built the SpecV and the S/C Frontier.

Today we use UpRev to tune Nissans (like the Stillen S/C Infinity at the shop now).

Never on the forums. Forums did not exist (the internet barely did) when I began building the SER's (circa 1990-1991). The internet and forums were in their infancy when I built the SpecV and the S/C Frontier.

Today we use UpRev to tune Nissans (like the Stillen S/C Infinity at the shop now).

That's before even the SE-R mailing list probably, and back when everything was super expensive. Now days it's cheap enough to just buy a DET with T25 for under $1k shipped.

Sadly UpRev never made it to SR20 based cars, oh well once NismoTronic hits OBD2 we will be golden.

22 Ascent STOCK

We received our first SER direct from Nissan. I was still in high school, so it was either 90 or 91. IIrc it was 91. That one lasted a few years before it got t-boned and I stripped it to upgrade my B13.

I cant remember what we paid for the first SER. I think it was under $10k. Probably like $9k. I remember paying $6500 out the door and off the lot for my brand new B13 in April 1992. My first new car. It lasted all of 7 miles home before I started modding it. Lol.

To be honest, I have no idea. I've had a far more enjoyable time modifying existing definitions in ECU Flash. If your definitions are wrong, then even if you know how to modify it it's still useless since you don't know table addresses.

Looking at the Subaru ECU models and changes, looks like A2UI001L surpasses A2UG000L

and A2UI000L due to a hesitation at 3k-4k rpm. Since A2UI001L is the newer one, you should be able to downgrade to the old ones. But as always do this at your own risk, you might brick your ECU.

You could always ask guys at RomRaider to see if someone could finish the definitions file for for A2UI001L.

Thank you, I will ask the folks over there. Frustrating!

• 1 year later...
yeah i opened the XML in a viewer. its version 8.3.1B of the DEF's. under A2UI001L there is no DTC list. the rom ends at force pass readiness monitors. The ECUFlash A2UI001L update from that romraider forum corrected the issue with ECUFlash not showing DTC's. but no fix for romraider. i sent the guy who posted links to github an email to see if he could figure out where the DTC list for romraider went.

Archived