LegacyGT.com

HELP...AVO LCA bushing install

turbo2nr

I have no instructions in my native language. Two bushings get pressed into LCA, but in which orientation?? I have the off-set bushings to add caster.

I see no markings or ?? to help me decide which way to install.

Sure would be nice with some instructions....(coughrallitecAVO??)

• 2 weeks later...
I have no instructions in my native language. Two bushings get pressed into LCA, but in which orientation?? I have the off-set bushings to add caster.

I see no markings or ?? to help me decide which way to install.

Sure would be nice with some instructions....(coughrallitecAVO??)

Message forwarded to AVO......

I will check the ones we have in stock (if any...) for USDM instructions. Did you get that from us or AVO or...?

Thx,

Sean S.

I love the new feel! Snaps back to center at highway speeds, and has a more confident feedback feel?? The "turn in" has always been quick on these cars, but stopping it and going the other way is where I feel the difference. Anyone is welcome to comeby and drive my car...I'm in Richmond VA, just send me a PM

Turbo2nr

Sorry For the Slow Reply I was in China Tuning Rally cars with no internet :(

I have told may staff to make shore the english instructions are packed with the bushes Sorry.

These bushes make a grate improvement in drivability I like the feeling allot.:icon_mrgr

Please let me know if you have any outer Questions

Thanks Ross

Are those the caster bushings that are part of the suspension pack? I'm getting that, so I'm wondering how hard the install is. I'm hoping they're not like STi LCA's, where you almost need a press to get the bushings in or out...

Any details on the process?

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are those the caster bushings that are part of the suspension pack? I'm getting that, so I'm wondering how hard the install is. I'm hoping they're not like STi LCA's, where you almost need a press to get the bushings in or out...

I'll write up a walkthrough when I get around to putting mine in. By the looks of the bushing it is going to need a press or lots of patience + jig saw + cold chisel + beer + BFI/BFH

install is hard, but not because its difficult- getting the bushing off and putting on a new one is hard. especially if you dont have a press. there are ways to do it, but its best if you first remove the control arm, then gotta go at it gangsta style. like taking a hacksaw and cutting the existing metal surrounding on the oe bushing and popping it out that way. putting it on is a different story, because you want the offsets to be the same. taking some grease and a hammer to it will eventually get the job done though.

its a good mod. a tad more harsh, but handling increases greatly.

Takes two minutes to get LCA off. Then take to muffler shop to get a scrap piece of pipe expanded to match LCA bushing outer race....press, install. Maybe a $40 bill if you have no friends that work with muff-o-lators. I give it a *0000 out of ***** in the wrench scale.

If you look long enough at the bottom of your car, and think about the goal of adding castor, you will see what direction you want the LCA to move.....then mark it, it's close to the 9'0clock and 3'o'clock position, and the offset-ring goes inboard.

LCAbushing.jpg.6bd6e267d33cd4e755590f7e0451dec8.jpg

Archived