LegacyGT.com

Blowoff Valve, anyone planning on getting one?

05LegacyGT330Ci

I was thinking of getting a blowoff valve and its not coincidence I put this post in aesthetic as it does very little if anything for performance but the sound to me is something I really like and enjoy to hear. The pssshhhhht sound has always been sonoynmous (new word ha) with a turbo to me and I'd really enjoy to find out about any that you know are particularly good and have good sound characteristics.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^^Yes but I want a little more sound then what is currently there. Thanks for the help agctr, I had been looking at the HKS Super Sequential Blowoff Valve

^ I'd like to but I don't have nearly enough information on the engine or any tools to do the install so I would probably have to seek out professional help or atleast some diagrams. I'm not quite sure about all that goes into the installation.

[quote name='05LegacyGT330Ci']^^Yes but I want a little more sound then what is currently there. Thanks for the help agctr, I had been looking at the HKS Super Sequential Blowoff Valve[/quote] You want one that whistly??? :D Drift...where are you...we have another BOV post... :lol:
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

dey jus be bling bling. they do nothing for speed. and save your money on the k&n filter. they oversize the air filters in the wrx and they probably do the same in the legacy gt. go to nasioc.com and search, i have. if anything get an ecu mod from cobb.

[quote name='red beast']dey jus be bling bling. they do nothing for speed.[/quote] So what you are saying is a bodykit is pointless because it does nothing for speed? A little bling never hurts..... :P GFB Stealth Fx....allows you to adjust noise and recirc/atmosphere.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

if you like the bling good for you. i'm from the "old school" for speed. hide it don't flaunt it. it's better to see the surprise on their faces later. and difference is ok everybody wants to be a little different. that is one reason I got the 3.0 rare red sedan. and a little more "presence of vehicle" to persuade people to stay out of my way. and to spit down on people. :D

Depending on the size of the BOV (cuz some of them look like a freakin' air horn), you might have to cut the plastic engine cover for clearance. (You don't want to remove it outright since you need it to seal the hood scoop. )

The AVO BOV will fit snugly under the engine cover, can be set up for vent to atmosphere or total recirculation. When set for vent to atmosphere for that nice ppssssssssht sound, it still recirculates most of the air, keeping all the systems running smooth. It's also ridiculously easy to install, since it's designed to bolt up exactly the same as the stock BOV. And, ok, I think you can start ordering online from next tuesday (no promises, though...).

I wish I could find some sites with sound clips so I could hear them you think for a product that it mostly all about sound the sellers would put up a small sound clip to hear how their product sounds.

Maybe not for you but it is for me. The Legacy is a performance car for me and to me its a sleeper I want it to just chill but then when people here a little PSSHHH from the car they think what was that that just went by.

Archived