LegacyGT.com

What Exhaust to get for Stage 2?

manletGT

You should spend your money on a real DP instead of just gutting it because you still have a solid blank wall right in front of your wastegate.

If the only reason you want the CBE is for the added sound, that's fine too. But I just wanted to make that clear to you because that's really the only reason to get one at this point. You're not going to get any power gains from a new CBE.

I believe the CNT is cheaper(PM ERZ Performance) and it doesn't drone like the Magnaflow

You should spend your money on a real DP instead of just gutting it because you still have a solid blank wall right in front of your wastegate.

If the only reason you want the CBE is for the added sound, that's fine too. But I just wanted to make that clear to you because that's really the only reason to get one at this point. You're not going to get any power gains from a new CBE.

Which DP do you guys recommend?

The CNT/ERZ downpipe is great. Good quality, good price, and doesn't bottleneck at the flange to the CBE. That being said, you will also need to purchase a 3" to 2.5" adapter if you're keeping the stock CBE. IMO it's worth it because having a full 3" will give you more power in the future when you decide to purchase an exhaust system.

I have an ERZ Catless DP and love it!! :D

The stock catback is not a significant enough restriction to matter on most setups. It isn't until you get a larger turbo and all the supporting mods that you might run into an issue. Someone here was running over 400 WHP on the stock catback.

So basically the only reason to get a new CBE is if you're making HUGE power and want to squeeze every drop out of it... or if you want to make more noise.

The CNT/ERZ downpipe is great. Good quality...

Terrible quality if you compare it to something that is actually good quality. The one I had never even made it fully out of the box. The welds were shit, the casting was shit, it was dirty and rough, and looked horrible. Quality matters, and the CNT didn't have it. It looked like it was welded by someone who didn't have any hands.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I have a magnaflow cbe..and love it..as others stated it does drown..but that roar it has is amazing..and the response you get from others is well worth it..I'm putting an invidia catless dp in the spring and getting my stg 2 tune..which I've been told is gonna be intense..in this case, a resonator to tone it down..everything I've gotten I looked into pros and cons..check out brands on youtube and see what ya think..imho..I wouldn't trade my magnaflows for anything..for their price, sound, and quality, they're superb..but to each their own..good luck

:eek: HOW WOULD YOU EVEN DO THAT

There is a welding inspector that goes to a friends office frequently (random quality checks). He has no hands, just hooks.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived