LegacyGT.com

3.6R exhaust that pops and crackles

I started modifying my 3.6R finally and I am looking at an exhaust now. I would like to get some pops and crackles from the exhaust, not anything ridiculous. I was mainly looking at Nameless because it is bolt on. I am just unsure what size to get. 4 inch or 5 inch or muffler delete?

I am open to all opinions.

I would look into having a local shop make you up some deletes or some hi flow mufflers I have heard the H6 can get very droney. And being an automatic the it is much more prone to droning in certain rpm ranges.

I would look into having a local shop make you up some deletes or some hi flow mufflers I have heard the H6 can get very droney. And being an automatic the it is much more prone to droning in certain rpm ranges.

Yeah I heard that they could be droney too.

Word of advice, stay away from Nameless Performance stuff.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Why would you say that? I never purchased anything from them but I would like to know why?

If you're wanting pop and crackle out of the 3.6, the only setup I've heard do that is a true dual with a tune specifically made to pop and crackle. User Pickler experimented with this during the short time he owned his 3.6. Check his YouTube for some videos during different stages of his exhaust building.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQDGws54tVO66UXcGjbbIfg

Have you done headers and a tune yet? I hear that makes a huge difference on the 3.6R.

I agree, not Nameless. I'm very happy with my Invidia Q300.

Wish I could hear a 3.6R with the Invidia exhaust.

If you're wanting pop and crackle out of the 3.6, the only setup I've heard do that is a true dual with a tune specifically made to pop and crackle. User Pickler experimented with this during the short time he owned his 3.6. Check his YouTube for some videos during different stages of his exhaust building.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQDGws54tVO66UXcGjbbIfg

I know I pretty much seen all 3.6R exhaust videos on Youtube :lol:

I love how that one sounds but I wish I had the resources and the tune to do it.

the tune that accomplishes this (all in the timing maps) is readily available over @ RomRaider for anyone to pull and selectively-apply to their 3.6R. There are a few revisions to pick from posted by Pickler before he disappeared into la la land of ex-Subaru owners.

You don't really need his specific exhaust or anything similar to get fuel combusting in the exhaust piping to cause the pops and crackles. Personally I'd stay away from doing this for more reasons than I care to write about, but to each his own.

I recall Gio mentioning that Ed from XRT sent him a ROM that did this so that it pops on WOT downshifts and when bouncing off the rev limiter in park if you're mad enough to do so. I would think you'd need at least the stock mufflers hacked off for this to be audible. From what I gather it's just dumping some extra fuel into the exhaust that ignites and pops.

I recall Gio mentioning that Ed from XRT sent him a ROM that did this so that it pops on WOT downshifts and when bouncing off the rev limiter in park if you're mad enough to do so. I would think you'd need at least the stock mufflers hacked off for this to be audible. From what I gather it's just dumping some extra fuel into the exhaust that ignites and pops.

Or back pressure

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You need to be careful with "after fires", they can ruin converters.

When I read the headline to your post I thought "My 3.6r pops and crackles for several minuets after I shut it off".

Archived