LegacyGT.com

any1 else suffer from a constant hazy film on the windshield?

VXCL

wtf is going on? i talked to my dealer and she said almost all the subies suffer from that along with alot of the new gm cars. if i clean my window i get maybe 2 weeks tops b4 it comes back. its strongest along both sides of the windshield but it works its way to the center no prob. its driving me crazy. i like crystal clear windshields. i dont know how many people i know all have finger prints, smudges, etc all over the windshield and drive like that. i cant stand this. washing the windshield every other week is unacceptable and a pita!!!! it is has nothing to do with defrosting. its like a greasy film.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

OCD and a few others suggested Stoner's Invisible Glass and it's nowhere near as bad with that product.

Good point. I use this stuff anyways because it's tint-safe and I don't notice the haze being an issue.

I go a long time between cleaning this film, granted I use Stoner's IG......but I don't really ever use my AC, windows down all the time. When I do use my AC, it gets much worse much quicker......So I assume it's coming through the vents and stuff. Even if I just open the vent to let air on the Dash without the AC on, it films up! Try all windows down, no AC...see if it stays clear longer....just for all our..or ummm My curiousity ;)

I find my window breaks long before that is a problem. I am now on window number 5 in about 21,000mi and I am literally on a first name basis with the glass company, they now stock them for me…If my mother did not work for a shop I would have sold my car at this point.

I wash the windows and it comes back in a day - really sucks at night when oncoming headlights and the filmy shit whites out the windshield for a good second or two. Another good safety feature from Subaru. :rolleyes:

- Mike

All new cars do this... it is not a Subaru issue.... :rolleyes:

My last car still did it after 5 years. The hazing will taper off with time. For the first year or so, however, it can be very apparent. It is caused by off-gassing of the plastics and adhesives in the car (windshield adhesive, dash adhesive, vinyl, plastic, etc.).

You might not notice it if the film is uniform. But, while driving into the sun, drag your finger along the inside of the glass..... you will see how much clearer the glass is without the film.

i haven't wncounterd this problem on the forester nor on the impreza. is th einside of tyhe windshield getting that messy that quick ?

nor the other cars that i had had any problems like this ?

any thoughts on why ?

it's outgassing from the plastics. the plastics in the legacy are actually not as bad as in some other cars. The more angled the windshield is over the dash, the worse it is.

heck, on my 97 eclipse I ditched for the LGT, it too two years before it stopped doing that, and regular window cleaner wouldn't even den't the stuff. I had to pick up special cleaner to get it off.

My car only has about 2800 miles on it, but it was an october build, so it has had some time to get it out of it's system. If your car is really new, it'll be worse. I've been having no problem cleaning it with windex no run aerosol. about every three two weeks, i get bands about an inch wide by each a-pillar.

just something you have to do on a new car.

Archived