LegacyGT.com

WTB: Stock Parts

tommypenguin

I'm looking for a few stock parts to replace my aftermarket parts as I plan to return my LGT to stock. I'm looking for a stock TMIC, Catback, headers and uppipe, stock fuel injectors and that should about do it. If you have any of those parts send me a pm and let me know what you are looking to get for it. I will be having a large part out thread to come in the next few weeks if you are interested in trading stock parts for mine plus cash we might be able to work out a deal also...

I have some stock 06 STI injectors ( i know they are side feed, not sure if they flow the same as stock LGT injectors. I also have a stock Mid and Y pipe with the resonator removed (but, it still sounds much like stock.

I would like to trade some parts or just pay you cash for your HTA68.

What the plan Nick? Are you going to sell the LGT??

I have some stock 06 STI injectors ( i know they are side feed, not sure if they flow the same as stock LGT injectors. I also have a stock Mid and Y pipe with the resonator removed (but, it still sounds much like stock.

I would like to trade some parts or just pay you cash for your HTA68.

What the plan Nick? Are you going to sell the LGT??

I believe the stock sti injectors are 565cc and the stock LGT injectors are 520cc unfortunately. Consider the mid and y gone, let me know what you are asking for them. Steve actually sent me a pm literally minutes before your post on the 68 inquiring about it. If he decides he doesn’t want it, its all yours, we could apply the mid and y toward it.

As for the plans, I am planning on trading in the Legacy; I could not in good conscience sell it to someone privately after all I’ve been through with it. Though I know for a fact the motor, tranny, and awd are good to go on it. I will take the beating which is trade in value when I get something else. I’m planning on waiting till the end of the year and might pick up an FJ or possibly go back to roots and get an 09 accord 2 door v6. I will start researching vehicles starting at the end of the month as I get my car back to stock.

The following parts will be available for sure if anyone wants to inquire on them locally before I put out my for sale thread in a couple weeks…

Performance:

68HTA

WBR FMIC

GFB BPV

Avo CAI intake with extension to fit with WBC FMIC

Perrin CBE

Perrin DP bunged for wideband/Maddad Headers ELH/IAG uppipe with 38mm v-band rerouted to dp(selling as one unit)

Wheels:

18” Drag DR-19 wheels with Cooper Summer tires, at least another season them.

I would be willing to trade my Winter wheel setup which is 06 WRX 17” wheels, powder coated in metallic gunmetal, no scuffs, wrapped in general artic tires with at least two seasons to go on them for your stock wheels and tires + cash when I’m ready to sell my car.

Misc:

Hid kit

LC-1 wideband sensor and gauge

Prosport Mechanical Boost Gauge

I have some stock headers. Do you need the X-over pipe too? I have a Up pipe as well.

Yup, I need those parts, looks like I will be able to get all parts locally, thanks a lot guys.

Also I thought about my headers/dp/up combo. I could break it up into two seperate items if necessary...

One package being just the maddad ELH with 3/bolt up. The second a 3 bolt uppipe(IAG) which I'm currently using in conjunction with my maddad headers I could sell separately that is flanged for EWG and then sell my dp that is rerouted for that up and tial WG with that, you would need headers that are flanged for a 3 bolt uppipe to use that uppipe but I don't necessarily have to keep everything together... I am busy this weekend for my girlfriend's b-day I'll be looking to meet up with everyone next weekend if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

As for the plans, I am planning on trading in the Legacy; I could not in good conscience sell it to someone privately after all I’ve been through with it. Though I know for a fact the motor, tranny, and awd are good to go on it. I will take the beating which is trade in value when I get something else. I’m planning on waiting till the end of the year and might pick up an FJ or possibly go back to roots and get an 09 accord 2 door v6. I will start researching vehicles starting at the end of the month as I get my car back to stock.

I've been thinking about this more (yeah, I know it's not my decision to make but I've kinda been at this junction before). Twice in my life I've had fast problematic cars and both time I replaced with something intentionally slow and very different. After my '87 CRX Si w/ nitrous (and subsequent fire), I picked up a '59 Impala and never had so much fun driving slow. Later I repeated the pattern with my '88 RX-7 Turbo II. Lost my license for speeding and spent a ton of money on that stupid thing. Replaced it with a slow 4-cyl Wrangler soft top.. got it lifted, discovered 4-wheeling, etc.

So. my vote for Nick is to do something different that you won't be able to compare to the LGT. The FJ is damn cool, it's a rock-solid Toyota, can be reliably modified, and it's way different. Get the FJ! :cool:

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

That's some great advice, I plan on test driving all the cars I'm interested in before making a decision. I love the FJ in all white and all black, seen both and they are hot, its the fact it's a 2 door truck that REALLY appeals to me and its so rugged. Can't wait to take it for a spin.

What do you think you would get if you traded in your LGT, anything really striking your fancy? What reasons are making you want to sell the LGT? Just high mileage + high power = high maintenance or something else?

Believe me guys - WHEN you get rid of your legacy's - you'll regret it just like I did. Thats why I'm on my 4th Turbo Subaru in the past 5 years. I just cant stay away from them. :)

The WRX's werent that hard to let go, but it hurt when I let the 05 Sedan go a few years ago.

So you are thinking of getting rid of the LGT too? Stop the insanity!

Hell no, actually. I love my LGT. I was just recanting prior instances of fast cars and the direction I went following those cars. Both of those times I was more or less forced into changing (nitrous fire totaled the CRX, tons of $$$, headaches, and lost license forced sale of RX-7 Turbo). I'm actually at a sweet spot on the power/reliability curve with my LGT and I have no plans of upgrades and actually plan on keeping it LONGER than the 1-2 years more I had originally thought.

I love the FJ. I'd probably take it over a Wrangler if it were my only vehicle... which is tough to say because the huge benefit of the Wrangler is being convertible.. and 4-wheelin' in the mountains on top of the earth with the top off is one of the true joys in life. It's friggin' cool and you can't get that feeling in any other vehicle. Period. BUT, I like the looks of the FJ better and Toyota kicks the crap outta Jeep. If they ever come out with a soft-top FJ I'll be replacing my Wrangler with one of those.

I'm just thinking if you go from a LGT to a Honda, you're going to be constantly comparing.. and longing for AWD... and for power. I love Hondas too and of the 28 cars I've had I think I've had more Hondas/Acuras than any other brand. But... high-revving, understeering, lack of torque, and FWD will ultimately make you long for the LGT. The FJ will be entering a whole different world. Plus... we can go 4-wheelin' together. ;)

My '05 LGT

Man today definitely has me thinking AWD or at a minimum FWD with LSD. Given where I’ve been with my LGT I know I will have no regrets getting rid car given my current life situation. My plan is to get whatever ride I choose paid off, given the knowledge I have on the LGT and experience, I will probably end up picking one up again a few years down the road for a few grand and strictly have as a weekend racer to mess with and let it sit for months if needed.

So Legend, should I let you know first when I sell my '87 CRX Si?

I think I'd pass. I actually had 2 Si's. Nitrous fire burned my red one with only 12k miles on the clock. Replaced it with a white one, white enkei wheels, exhaust, intake, etc. White-out tail-lights.. ha. No, I don't want another but I've got a buddy in CA who races all kinds of crap (911, carts, etc.) and built a race-car out of a CRX. Fun cars!

My '05 LGT

Archived