LegacyGT.com

Rallitek Rear sway bar Clearance

Did you get the wrx sway bar? They will hit the hump and you have to cut the hump or smash it in. There have been a few people who have done it.

The legacy sway bar should not hit the hump. You might have it installed wrong? lol

Mine contacts that damn hump on the bottom of the spare tire well also. Only hits it when at maximum stiff setting. I pried the bar down a bit and slipped a short piece of air hose on the bar so the noise went away.
RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

Im pretty sure I ordered the legacy sway bar, but maybe they mailed me the wrong one. I dont feel like shipping it back to them, so I am just going to make it work. Maybe I installed it wrong, but i dont see any other way it could be attached..

Working on installing the Tribeca FSB this weekend. Taking the rusted headers off is going to be a pain, sprayed them this passed weekend, so hopefully that will work.

That looks like the right bar. I don't have any issues with mine (Outback) but I'm fairly confident the bars are the same.

Dunno if this helps but this is what mine looks like (the one above was the old stock one that came off the car.)

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5464/6928251862_a31606bb5d_b.jpg

hmm..well im going to a mechanic near by with a lift, hopefully he can just cut off where its hitting. The clunking sound isnt that bad, so might just ignore it.

Could you post a pic of it installed on your car?

• 1 year later...
Mine was designed for the second gens and fits fine. I'm still trying to figure out why there is such a discrepancy between what should be two identical bars. Unless my car being an Outback has anything to do with it, as the suspension would be "lower" as compared to the body...?

i dont think they make them for the second gens anymore, unless its only the rears that they make now... semantics

anyways, im not sure its that because my bar fits like yours and I've an L

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/wakeboardingguy/000_0005.jpg

Archived