LegacyGT.com

Quiet Tire Suggestions

glock_19

I've looked around but couldn't find the answer to my particular question. The Turanzas that come stock on the 2013 Legacy, IMO, are super loud. I'm looking for the absolute quietest tire for the Legacy. I'm assuming that is probably some type of grand touring all season but I'm not sure.

A few more things. I don't particularly care about dry handling as I drive like someone 40 years my senior. Also, I'm in DC so I don't see much snow. The only other factor is wet grip and as long as they're not scary slick in the rain I'm good.

Thanks for the link, I hadn't been able to find that on their site.

Unfortunately, I'm still really torn between the Michelin Primacy MXV4 and the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus. The Bridgestones have a better warranty, are cheaper, have a better tread life rating, and tested slightly better in the Tire Rack testing. However, I still feel like I'm taking a chance with the Bridgestones when I know the Michelins will be good tires.

Continental Dws.

Quiet and one of the best tires you could buy for about $600

Doesn't it snow in Dc? Always see big snow storms on tv there

It's pretty rare that we get any real accumulation. In 2010 we got hit hard but normally we don't get more than a few inches.

if you don't care about handling at all, then maybe drop down even into the passenger class of tires. those are designed with comfort/quietness in mind.

I think I've settled on the grand touring all season category, just torn between these 2 tires right now. I think the fact that Michelins are made in the US might be the tie breaker.

Just got a set of Federal SS595 225/40-18 (about 900 miles on them right now) that ride quite nicely, handle very nicely on the street, and appear so far to be quite quiet. The best part is $342 delivered to my door from onlinetires.com.

I just had some Potenza RE970AS Pole Position put on my car and after a week I am taking them back to be removed. Road noise between 50 and 60mph is not tolerable. I don't get why it is just that speed range. I had an alignment and I am at -.5 degree camber in the front with a 0 toe all around. My rear right wheel has a -1.4 degree camber which bugs me but oh well. Noise sounds like its coming from the front.

Archived