LegacyGT.com

JDM bars better than aftermarket USDM

LegacyDan

I was considering upgrading from my stock jdm bars but im just curious are the likes of the Hotchkis or Whiteline ones a lot better than the jdm ones? If there is not a huge difference i was thinking of just new bushings front and rear and endlinks might tighten things up nicely instead and ALK and bump steer correction kit and leave the bars until last, if even. I think the jdm front bar is solid 22mm and rear bar is hollow 21mm if i remember correctly

I did my sway bars first on stock end links. Then went with solid end links and noticed a nice improvement. I'd start with end links since you have a bigger rear sway from the factory. After that, fine-tune the balance of the car by maybe going 1-2mm bigger at either end.

What Franz said - especially if you are looking at where to add the BS/RCK and ALK. I did springs, roll center/bump steer, steering rack, ALK first and am about to install sways and ELs. Huge improvement with the upgrades I did first, even without sways. Be interesting to see the changes when I install the Hotchkis bars and KB ELs. I expect a little oversteer and quicker weight transfer while keeping the car flatter in the corners with more lateral grip.

Archived