LegacyGT.com

COBB sway problems getting solved!

LittleBlueGT

My COBB RSB is rubbing the lower control arm in the rear of my car since I put it in.

My car is lowered 3/4 inch in the rear.

I called up COBB about this and took a couple of pics to explain. He thought it was weird, but got back to me a couple of days later saying their now lowered LGT was showing signs of the same problem.

Just heard yesterday from COBB that they are working with their sway bar bender to get a new prototype bent and expected to have it back in 1-2 weeks. He would then send me a new bar ASAP.

For the record I really like the COBB bars, best available IMO. Just the RSB on a lowered car will likely rub. Hopefully it will be solved soon.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My COBB RSB is rubbing the lower control arm in the rear of my car since I put it in.

My car is lowered 3/4 inch in the rear.

I called up COBB about this and took a couple of pics to explain. He thought it was weird, but got back to me a couple of days later saying their now lowered LGT was showing signs of the same problem.

Just heard yesterday from COBB that they are working with their sway bar bender to get a new prototype bent and expected to have it back in 1-2 weeks. He would then send me a new bar ASAP.

For the record I really like the COBB bars, best available IMO. Just the RSB on a lowered car will likely rub. Hopefully it will be solved soon.

good to know! how do we contact them about it. i hear some really bad clunking back there... i'm lowered about 1.5-2" or so. :(

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

so, all that wait, and they didn't test fit it? :lol:

Perrin vs Cobb = draw

Really too bad for COBB.

For some reason I think COBB will solve the problem properly.:)

I also didn't have to twist their arm to get it solved, 1 phone call, he got back to me, tested it, found there was a problem, and so far seems to be getting it solved.

well, my point was that Perrin is first to market while Cobb takes their time, with the implication that they actually do R&D first (which Perrin doesn't). Oh...Perrin fixes their issues....once you yell and scream and make a scene about it. Glad Cobb is doing it the right way....just seems awful to have waited a year only to bring a product that doesn't fit.

it's not that it doesn't fit, it's that it doesn't fit on LOWERED LGT's without rubbing

In all honesty if someone is going to replace their sways they will probably or already hav lowered their car. I think i will wait and do the COBB sways, People seam to like them a lot andf theyu are sponcering my frineds project STi and he is going have his 2.6L Cobb motor in this week. BTW the previous motor was Crawford and the pistons were too small for the block and no suport on Crawfords end. Its sad that when yopu get a good Crawford its a great motor but a bad one and you need to eat the cost :(

BTW here is a link to his thread about the evolution of his car

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23326

This does surprise about Cobb,,Perrin no ,Cobb yes.

I've used various Cusco suspension parts on my 00RS,02WRX,04WRX STi,and now my GT,,all with different types of suspension mods and never had a problem with fit,finish,install probs or perfomance issues.

Countless others in the Subaru community have had the same results.Why people continue to use other brands,some more exspensive some cheaper, that have issues, puzzles me.:confused:

FWIW,Yesterday I installed the Cusco front lower arm bar and rear strur bar.1 hour to install both,fit and finish,,, perfect.

This is why I'm sticking with cusco... :lol:

CUSCO = good.

COBB has the rear stiffening thing, and mine were getting bent a bit. COBB's are also much lighter, and you cannot get the CUSCO adj RSB anymore.

Assuming COBB fixes things properly I will vote COBB FTW!

Can't go wrong with the CUSCO's though.

Well $#^$#&*@, what do I do now? My wagon has Pinks and I've got Cobb sways ready to go on. Do I take a shot and put them on or try and convince Cobb to replace the RSB before installation? Anyone out there install the RSB on a lowered car and NOT have clearance issues?

Well $#^$#&*@, what do I do now? My wagon has Pinks and I've got Cobb sways ready to go on. Do I take a shot and put them on or try and convince Cobb to replace the RSB before installation? Anyone out there install the RSB on a lowered car and NOT have clearance issues?

This is just MO, but you will have clearance issues. Even on a non-lowered car the bar will rub before you hit the bumpstops.

*subscribe*

I've also got some clunking with the rear (AVO endlinks). I thought it was my custom catback at first, but now I'm not so sure. I'll try to get the car up and investigate later in the week. I may put the stock endlinks back on. I'm on iON springs BTW...

except cobb actually fixes their fitment issues...

I dono what you are talking about if its in regards to Perrin...

I have a Perrin RSB with absolutely NO fitment issues. I use stock endlinks set to full stiff.

It surprises me that they never tested this on a lowered car. IMO, when going really low, I think most swaybars require adjustable endlinks to have extra clearance.

This used to happen to the VW guys with the MKIV. If they lowered they either needed an aftermarket front bar or adjustable endlinks.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

*subscribe*

I've also got some clunking with the rear (AVO endlinks). I thought it was my custom catback at first, but now I'm not so sure. I'll try to get the car up and investigate later in the week. I may put the stock endlinks back on. I'm on iON springs BTW...

*subscribe* for me, too.

I'm the same setup with iONs (although I have yet to install the springs, they're sitting pretty in my garage), and was eying a pair of AVO endlinks as well as the Cobb bars.

I'm keeping an eye on this one. :) Please keep me informed, bro, on what you find to be the problem as well as your solution. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

AVO Endlinks = NOISE. I have personally seen this complaint from many users... and experienced it in two cars personally.
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Archived